Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th May 2008, 09:47 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

But the scenes aren't cruel.
Im not some sicko who gets of on annimal cruelty , I just dont see killing animals for food as cruel .
I used to go hunting when I was younger and have quickly killed rabbits or shot duck and woodpidgeon and see nothing wrong with it.
I have an American Bull Mastiff and he's part of my family and wouldn't ever be cruel to any animal.
I mean the turtle was killed that quick it didn't realise it was dead and kept on moving. I dont think it realised it untill it was being cooked.
I would make a deal with the BBFC, they keep the head getting cut off scene in and i'll agree to the disembolwing being cut out.
There, a 'cut' for a cut.
Tell them thats my final offer Angel.

Last edited by vipco; 28th May 2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 28th May 2008, 10:07 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I mean the turtle was killed that quick it didn't realise it was dead and kept on moving. I dont think it realised it untill it was being cooked.
Come on vipco, read that all back and you've got to admit it doesn't make any sense!

The turtle didn't realise it was dead and so it kept on moving and then only actually realised it was dead once it was being cooked!

Is that really how you perceive these things to happen?
Old 28th May 2008, 10:14 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Looking back on the cuts list I agree with Angel. SOME of the sexual violence scenes may possibly be waived now and good editing could reduce some of the requested BBFC cuts to a minimum, if done well (a la New York Ripper).

The chances of any of the animal killings being waived is basically zilch.

It will be interesting to see which option Blackhorse choose. Submit the uncut version or simply re-submit the cut one (or even a pre-edited one).
Old 28th May 2008, 10:28 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
Looking back on the cuts list I agree with Angel. SOME of the sexual violence scenes may possibly be waived now and good editing could reduce some of the requested BBFC cuts to a minimum, if done well (a la New York Ripper).
If Black Sun: The Nankin Massacre can get passed the BBFC unscathed, then anything is possible.
Old 28th May 2008, 10:34 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Come on vipco, read that all back and you've got to admit it doesn't make any sense!

The turtle didn't realise it was dead and so it kept on moving and then only actually realised it was dead once it was being cooked!
Maybe the turtle had other things on its mind? I find myself in all kinds of situations because my mind is on the problem of escalating fuel prices to the point that I don't think I'd noticed being cooked and mutilated.
Old 28th May 2008, 11:40 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I think the turtle was thinking 'weres my body'.

I was only joking Jonny, us Belfast people have a way of putting things that on one else understands. but you gotta admit it took that thing a few moments to realise it was dead.

When I went hunting a swift blow to the back of a rabbits head and it never moved again. That turtle was watching itself get disembowled and thinking thank God thats not me, again joking.

Joking aside, death was that swift the body kept functioning for a while due to no 'body shock' caused by swift decapatation by a sharp straight blade
The same way you can be stabbed and not immediately releaise it, were as a gun shot wounds causes body shock and is immediately registered by the brain.

Dont worry im not a serial killer, I got medical training in my first place of work,many years ago.

The world is so PC its a joke.
Nobody ever complains of the 'executions' in Holocaust.
The fact that were having this debate proves Deodato was right in his point with Holocaust , as although the executions footage is archive its still human life being taken and nobody has yet mentioned it.
People suffer from the 'Disney effect' were animals are cute and cudley.
Animals are our main food source and can be pretty dangerous things.
It even says in The Bible that animals are food. Its human life thats precious and yet the scenes of human life being taken never seemed to bother anyone to much, , not even the BBFC.

I remember when I was young a local pub used to show these films on a big screen VHS thing and the landlord always let us in to watch em knowing we were under age.
I never heard as many head jokes as the night they showed Holocaust. I remember ordinary folk shouting rewind that bit then come off with some witty remark,
No body give a hoot about some turtle or monkey killed in the jungle, we were in Belfast, to us the jungle was a million miles away, we didn't care what happened there. We only cared about what happened in Belfast .

That might sound hash but its the way we looked at things back then. Some parts of Belfast have a very morbid sense of humour, especially were I live.

Last edited by vipco; 28th May 2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 28th May 2008, 05:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Nobody ever complains of the 'executions' in Holocaust.
I bet they would if it wasn't archive. The BBFC for a start would be reaching for their scissors.
Old 28th May 2008, 05:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Is the Nanking Massacre really comparable with Cannibal Holocaust in terms of sexual violence?
Old 28th May 2008, 05:42 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Not a chance Angel....you're right there....Very few films are,if any....
Old 28th May 2008, 09:36 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Is the Nanking Massacre really comparable with Cannibal Holocaust in terms of sexual violence?
It's been a while since I've seen it, but I seem to remember it was at least on a par with Cannibal Holocaust in terms of violence and sexual violence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_S...nking_Massacre
http://www.dvdmaniacs.net/review.php?id=204

Last edited by NossB; 28th May 2008 at 10:03 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!