Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1980's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=553)
-   -   Lamberto Bava's "Brivido Giallo" series. (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1980s/4297-lamberto-bavas-brivido-giallo-series.html)

Gojirosan 30th December 2010 12:14 PM

Lamberto Bava's "Brivido Giallo" series.

What's the opinion on these TV films then? I'm considering getting hold of the ones I haven't seen.

La Casa dell'Orca/Demons 3 was a nice little Gothic flick I thought and I enjoyed it, but I wonder if the Vipco release I have is the best available.

Una Notte al Cimitero/Graveyard Disturbance I saw on an Avatar VHS many years ago and I did not like it at the time, but I'd be interested in seeing it again.

Anyone got any views on the other films in the series: Until Death and Dinner With A Vampire?

Information on aspect ratios is a bit vague, these were definitely shot for Italian TV, but did they get cinema releases too? Surely they should be 4:3, but most DVD releases have them in widescreen of various sizes.

Inspector Tanzi 30th December 2010 01:21 PM

I really like "The Ogre", too many people dismiss is because of the Demons 3 re-titling, cool music and worth watching alone for the "older sister"

Graveyard Disturbance wasn't too good but ok for what it is I suppose.

I haven't seen the other two but I have got a Japanese DVD of Dinner with a vampire somewhere.

Pete 30th December 2010 11:02 PM

The Ogre is ok, Graveyard Disturbance is dreadful. Not seen the other one.

broonage 31st December 2010 09:33 AM

Dinner is light hearted. George Hilton playing a Dracula type!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 5th January 2011 01:11 PM

They're all pretty cheesey; Dinner the most, but worth seeing just for the 'projectile heart' effect. ;)

Wasn't keen on The Ogre, but quite liked Graveyard Disturbance, and found Until Death to be a bit boring.

ecc 5th January 2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 118976)
What's the opinion on these TV films then? I'm considering getting hold of the ones I haven't seen.

La Casa dell'Orca/Demons 3 was a nice little Gothic flick I thought and I enjoyed it, but I wonder if the Vipco release I have is the best available.

Una Notte al Cimitero/Graveyard Disturbance I saw on an Avatar VHS many years ago and I did not like it at the time, but I'd be interested in seeing it again.

Anyone got any views on the other films in the series: Until Death and Dinner With A Vampire?

Information on aspect ratios is a bit vague, these were definitely shot for Italian TV, but did they get cinema releases too? Surely they should be 4:3, but most DVD releases have them in widescreen of various sizes.

The US DVD of LA CASA DELL'ORCA/DEMONS 3 is 16:9. I think that they while they were shot for Italian TV they intended to market them outside Italy as features so that is why most of the DVD releases are widescreen.

The US DVD of GRAVEYARD DISTURBANCE is 4:3 letterbox but it is MYA so I'm assuming that there is a similar-looking European DVD.

UNTIL DEATH and DINNER WITH A VAMPIRE are also on DVD in the US in 16:9 (MYA so there are probably 16:9 PAL DVDs out there too).

I've got a CDR somewhere of selections from Simon Boswell's music for the films in the series (Boswell's song "Imagination" which is used over the titles of GRAVEYARD DISTURBANCE was also used in THE CHURCH and Clive Barker's LORD OF ILLUSIONS).