Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd April 2012, 10:29 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Here's a pic of the different front covers,first two are the first pressing (with "limited joke banner" at the bottom ) and third is the second pressing.

Nagaman likes this.
Old 22nd April 2012, 10:48 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I have the second pressing.

Really glad I managed to get a copy of this before it went OOP.
Old 22nd April 2012, 03:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

I'm glad I got copies of Code Red's NIADB and NOTD as they were the only two CR titles I was really interested in.
Old 22nd April 2012, 10:38 PM
Cultist

Anyone know how many copies of Nightmare were actually pressed?...
Old 5th May 2012, 11:29 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Ninja Dixon: Nightmare (1981)
Old 16th May 2012, 07:00 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

If you want Nightmare...

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd-...vds-trade.html
Old 5th August 2012, 09:17 PM
Ex-member

Fitting title(one of them lol) for a great movie I thoroughly enjoed this and I loved how felt as though I was experiencing everything that George Tatum(Baird Stafford is truly amazing) went through and did

The only real problem had with it was the ending and even that wasn't all that bad I guess I needed something more satisfying there(call me greedy)

8/10
Old 13th August 2012, 06:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Prior to watching the Code Red presentation I had seen this movie a couple of times via the Hardgore disc, then the same presentation done through Anchor Bay in Box Of The Banned. While I enjoyed the movie with all its early '80s goodness, I didn't really think it came close to justifying its huge cult status. But having watched the 3 different prints I've developed a new appreciation of the movie and I think a lot of that has to do with a decent looking and uncut print, and putting my expectations in check because before I expected a bloodbath due to its history, Video Nasty status etc, when in reality it is more reliant on a dark and oppressive atmosphere. The additional gore footage isn't anything substantial but it's at least well done and nice to finally see in its entirety so while it wasn't what I used to imagine it to be, the film really does have something about it, something that really draws you in so I can see why it has a big cult following now.

The set itself would have been perfect had the interview been subtitled, but I can live without that and just be grateful that finally we got it out uncut, with some nice looking restoration, excellent artwork, a fantastic menu and enjoyable extras. Releases like this, with the calibre of film selected and the work done on a limited budget are what really make me appreciate Code Red. I hope for the sake of those that missed out on it, Bill reissues it, because it really is a treat.

Finally, and it's probably bullshit, I read that in the scene where the shadow creeps behind the little boy in the old abandoned building there was a hand which grabs him before it cuts away. In the Code Red release you only see the shadow walk up the stairs before it cuts away. So is there that additional shot or is someone (I think I read it on pre-cert) imagining things? I think it was claimed that shot was present in the Hardgore release, but when I went to check I couldn't find that or the reissue in my BOTB set. Anyway, as I say, it's probably just a false rumour. Also the cameo appearance by the director is lost, right?
Old 13th August 2012, 07:25 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

If it hadn't been on the DPP's 39,it would have sank without trace.....
CODE RED did a grand job with it though,and I'm glad I own it as it's price has probably risen to outrageous levels!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 13th August 2012, 07:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
If it hadn't been on the DPP's 39,it would have sank without trace.....
CODE RED did a grand job with it though,and I'm glad I own it as it's price has probably risen to outrageous levels!
£250 on Amazon from a familiar seller
Amazon.co.uk: Used and New: Nightmare: 30th Anniversary Edition [DVD] [1981] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
keirarts likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!