Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1980's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=553)
-   -   Nightmare In A Damaged Brain - The Code Red Release (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1980s/4563-nightmare-damaged-brain-code-red-release.html)

bdc 1st September 2013 01:05 PM

XT should provide proof to take away any doubts but they don't seem to care,all editions sold out and probably more on the way (small hardbox,metalpack etc).

bdc 1st September 2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 362777)
I know I read somewhere someone held off on the materials for the mutilator because he didn't like bill and now that's looking to get a dvd release so who knows.

There are no decent materials of The Mutilator in possession of the licensor according to Bill.

Someone's claimed there were and he was going to release a blu:

"Not to state the obvious, but Titan Video's supposed Blu-Ray of THE MUTILATOR ain't happening. a). CR still have the rights; and b). If the elements aren't even up to DVD standards, how the heck would a blu ever have been possible? Looks like the company is no more, and their FB page(s) disappeared." (Matthew David)

keirarts 1st September 2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 362781)
XT should provide proof to take away any doubts but they don't seem to care,all editions sold out and probably more on the way (small hardbox,metalpack etc).

I'm sure they look lovely but I hope no ones buying these specially packaged editions as investments. It reminds me of the comic book market in the late 90's when every other book had variant/chromium/3d covers specifically marketed at speculators. I still have a few of these but mainly as i liked them and had them framed. A lot of people who bought them as investments got badly burned when the bubble burst.

keirarts 1st September 2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 362782)
There are no decent materials of The Mutilator in possession of the licensor according to Bill.

Someone's claimed there were and he was going to release a blu:

"Not to state the obvious, but Titan Video's supposed Blu-Ray of THE MUTILATOR ain't happening. a). CR still have the rights; and b). If the elements aren't even up to DVD standards, how the heck would a blu ever have been possible? Looks like the company is no more, and their FB page(s) disappeared." (Matthew David)

Thanks for clarifying that. Trouble is there is so much scuttlebut on the web its hard to tell whats genuine.

These debate over the legitimacy of the Nightmare releases being case in point.

bdc 22nd July 2014 10:42 PM

NIGHTMARES IN A DAMAGED BRAIN (1981) Part Two: Code Red Nightmare: An Interview with LEE CHRISTIAN

Keep in mind the blu is not yet available to international buyers (for the time being).
I think everything in the store is USA only as long as Bill is on the road btw. (edit: just checked and there's no shipping coming up for other countries at the moment)

keirarts 22nd July 2014 10:57 PM

Bloody hope so! Best of all if the store comes up around the 28th. When I get paid. I tend to make nice big orders off Bill.

He put the fear of god into me saying he wasn't shipping to some European countries.

Given nightmares status as a nasty I had feared we might not see it.

bdc 22nd July 2014 11:04 PM

I don't have a crystal ball but I'm guessing international shipping (except to Germany maybe because of the high court rulings there?) will return when Bill is back home. ;)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd July 2014 06:52 AM

Even if Bill decides not to ship Nightmare abroad from his bigcartel store, surely he will ship some stock to Diabolik which will mean that us non-US folk will be able to purchase.

Andra Jai 8th August 2014 07:27 AM

This is available now at bluraysforeveryone although it comes with a price tag of £34 delivered to UK

Too much for me, but hopefully it will be available elsewhere at a better price before long

Vampix 8th August 2014 10:32 AM

I'm not prepared to pay over the odds for a BD of Nightmare. I'll stick with the CR DVD release - even if the lack of English subtitles on the Scavolini interview is annoying.