Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd July 2011, 10:48 PM
Cult Rookie

It's nice to see Nightmare finally making it's way uncut to DVD. With the way genre DVD sales have gone the past few years it should sell about 3000 to 4000 units.
Old 4th July 2011, 01:04 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff D View Post
It's nice to see Nightmare finally making it's way uncut to DVD. With the way genre DVD sales have gone the past few years it should sell about 3000 to 4000 units.
What on earth are you talking about?! 3000-4000? Where do these numbers come from? Do you know that most of Bill's sales don't come anywhere near that? Why would NIGHTMARE sell that many? Don't get me wrong, it'd be great for CR and Bill if it did, but that's highly unrealistic, IMO. I think he's released more substantial titles than NIGHTMARE, and those haven't sold near that amount, let alone 1,000. Someone in Germany and/or the UK will probably bootleg it anyways...
Old 4th July 2011, 01:21 AM
Cult Rookie

Be positive Ben! Let's hope it sells well and doesn't get booted. I'm just guessing sir.
Old 4th July 2011, 08:21 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
What on earth are you talking about?! 3000-4000? Where do these numbers come from? Do you know that most of Bill's sales don't come anywhere near that? Why would NIGHTMARE sell that many? Don't get me wrong, it'd be great for CR and Bill if it did, but that's highly unrealistic, IMO. I think he's released more substantial titles than NIGHTMARE, and those haven't sold near that amount, let alone 1,000. Someone in Germany and/or the UK will probably bootleg it anyways...
Can't see a UK company bootlegging it. The only stuff that get's bootlegged over here are the old Vipco titles and most of them were bootlegs anyway!
Old 4th July 2011, 11:34 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Can't see a UK company bootlegging it. The only stuff that get's bootlegged over here are the old Vipco titles and most of them were bootlegs anyway!
No so, take a look at Jef Films (uk) catalogue.
Old 4th July 2011, 11:35 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
No so, take a look at Jef Films (uk) catalogue.

They haven't released anything over here for a while.

No UK company will boot it and the assumption that they will is a bit unfair.

Last edited by Pete; 4th July 2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 4th July 2011, 01:20 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

My copy has just shipped from Axel... Looking forward to seeing a decent print of this!
Old 4th July 2011, 01:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRobinson View Post
My copy has just shipped from Axel... Looking forward to seeing a decent print of this!
Cool, mine has also been shipped.Can't wait to check out this release too!

Last edited by Vampix; 4th July 2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 4th July 2011, 05:04 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
They haven't released anything over here for a while.

No UK company will boot it and the assumption that they will is a bit unfair.
I wasn't saying that Jef films were going to boot Nightmare, rather just pointing out that Vipco weren't/aren't the only company to be doing this in the UK. What about those Dead Of Night horror film discs that you see in HMV and other major high street stores with the ropey, washed-out covers that look awful? They are boots and when they set next to a lovely fully-loaded Arrow disc the difference between the two is eye watering!
Old 4th July 2011, 05:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
I wasn't saying that Jef films were going to boot Nightmare, rather just pointing out that Vipco weren't/aren't the only company to be doing this in the UK. What about those Dead Of Night horror film discs that you see in HMV and other major high street stores with the ropey, washed-out covers that look awful? They are boots and when they set next to a lovely fully-loaded Arrow disc the difference between the two is eye watering!
I know. What I meant was, the only stuff that is really getting bootlegged at the moment are the old Vipco titles which are available on the 'Beyond Terror' label.

Like this? Share it using the links below!