Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st August 2013, 06:24 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

XT is indeed Austrian,that is correct.
As for their claims,I'd like to see some proof.

Last edited by bdc; 31st August 2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 1st September 2013, 09:19 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
XT is indeed Austrian,that is correct.
As for their claims,I'd like to see some proof.
the guy from code red should proof that he owns the licence/rights to this film for worldwide release and distribution before he discredits a well-known and respected austrian company and gets even offensive and insulting.

there is still some discussion going on in austrian movie boards, and a guy from XT claims that if code red had the worldwide rights, the CR-guy would not complain in a forum but would have the chance to sue XT and send them a letter from his lawyer.

so, if the guys from XT say everything is allright with the licence, and they would not dare to publish a bootleg, from my experience you can believe them.

i guess they bought the rights for "nightmare" just for the german speaking market, so nothing wrong here.
Old 1st September 2013, 10:23 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

So CR should provide proof but not XT?

Send the letter where as XT don't even have a website/contact address?

"a guy from XT claims","I believe","from my experience" and "I guess" are not considered proof.

I haven't found any statement from XT-Peter on this on any German/Austrian forum btw,so please point me in the right direction.
Old 1st September 2013, 11:02 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by altruist View Post
hey guys, first of all, XT VIDEO is not a german, but an austrian company.

and:

the mediabook and (yesterday's released) hardboxes by XT VIDEO are NOT bootlegs in any way.
Released yesterday...? Where can I get one? Nothing on D&T.
Old 1st September 2013, 11:20 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
So CR should provide proof but not XT?

Send the letter where as XT don't even have a website/contact address?

"a guy from XT claims","I believe","from my experience" and "I guess" are not considered proof.

I haven't found any statement from XT-Peter on this on any German/Austrian forum btw,so please point me in the right direction.
XT-Peter's statements are in the DTM forum / XT VIDEO subforum, which is only visible when you are registered.

and yes, i believe if a company accuses another of publishing stuff illegally, which is kind of a hard accusation, they should proof they really own the worldwide exclusive rights.

it happens all the time that films get a re-release in mediabook /hardbox packaging here in austria, from movies that had releases in the usa/uk before - all bootlegs?

there is a bunch of austrian/ german bootleg labels out there, and they are known and infamous for what they do, but XT VIDEO is not one of them.
Old 1st September 2013, 11:21 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Released yesterday...? Where can I get one? Nothing on D&T.
cover A (limited 131!) was sold out after 45 minutes,
cover B (limited 222) was gone 3 hours later.

sorry mate, you're too late.
Old 1st September 2013, 11:48 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Thanks for the source tip,I forgot to log in so didn't see XT's thread.

Well honestly I have to say that XT-Peter's licensing proof is non existent.
Not even who he licensed it from.
"like all or other releases,this is fully licensed" is no proof,a name of the licensor would be interesting.
Old 1st September 2013, 12:14 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Bill's statements are often just bluster and he is to PR what chocolate is to fireguards. In the past he's called Blue Underground releases bootlegs so any of his rants are to be taken with a pinch of salt.
Pete and Demoncrat like this.
Old 1st September 2013, 12:21 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Bill's statements are often just bluster and he is to PR what chocolate is to fireguards. In the past he's called Blue Underground releases bootlegs so any of his rants are to be taken with a pinch of salt.
thanks for your statement, this is what i already thought.
i am not affiliated with XT in any way, except of being a normal, enthusiastic movie collector. but accusations like this really go on my nerves, especially when everyone seems to believe such statements and ruin the good reputation of another company.
Old 1st September 2013, 12:53 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by altruist View Post
hey guys, first of all, XT VIDEO is not a german, but an austrian company.

and:

the mediabook and (yesterday's released) hardboxes by XT VIDEO are NOT bootlegs in any way.

there was some discussion going on in austrian movie forums about the statement of the code red-label owner, and either he is badly mistaken and mis-informed about the rights he own, or he is just angry they put out another dvd release before he could release the BD.

XT Video claims that the transfer just released by them has a different runtime and is anamorphic, and much better quality than the code red release. and they have the licence to release this. they would not put out a bootleg, XT VIDEO is a well respected film label in german speaking countries.
Wow! I guessed right that it would be released as hardbox/mediabook! There must be special deals on prices for the materials to make the packaging going on in that part of the world. It seems like every release I see seems to be either a hardbox/mediabook or both.

Don't want to get into a row over whose right, but all i'll say is this....

code red has the involvement of the (co) producer so its a good bet Bill has the rights to this film. I don't know if the austrians do or not but it would be easy enough to prove. As for the better quality, maybe the Austrians have found new materials to work with? I know I read somewhere someone held off on the materials for the mutilator because he didn't like bill and now that's looking to get a dvd release so who knows.

Either way, anyone picking up the Aus release, or any reviews, a link on here would be much appreciated as its got me curious!

Like this? Share it using the links below!