Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th April 2010, 02:51 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Another great film by George Romero! I loved it when I saw it at a local cinema in Berlin and then had to read in a magazine article that they had cut out the complete sequence of Something To Tide You Over for the German version - not neccessarily for censorship reasons, more on length issues - not that this made the news any better to me... Look at what date the film came out and realize that the internet as it is now was still pretty far away and video ordering from the UK was pretty expensive, especially considering the very low budget I had to shift around each day back then... But then came one lucky day while I was on a vacation in London and found the VHS at the Notting Hill Gate Record & Tape Exchange - a good address for me and wonderfully stocked (a return there a couple of years ago showed me that a lot has changed since then, but this is now the area I stay when I am in London - but I digress...)... So anyway, I found the VHS and it was only 2 quid and I had my Life of Brian moment, going "what's wrong with this tape?". When I went to pay for it, the seller must have noticed my moment and my happiness and let me have it for only 1,50! Good memories and I must have watched the VHS to death... Naturally I have several DVD editions of it, just read of the good BD transfer and lust for it now - Why not give this one the Arrow BD treatment? That would be a dream come true - another one in fact

I still have that cinema commercial picture of Stephen King as Jody Verell munchin popcorn hanging on my wardrobe, a kind soul at the cinema I watched it at originally kept it for me when the film was through... Now it only needs a signature, so Steve, get your meteroid-moss covered ass over to Hamburg, alright?

Edit: I just could not resist and ordered the region-free US BD... I still stand to my Word: I will still buy an Arrow Films BD if it comes to pass...

Last edited by Roughale; 14th April 2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 15th April 2010, 02:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Creepshow was released as an excellent 2-DVD SE in the UK by Universal, I very much doubt Arrow could release it over here.
Old 15th April 2010, 02:53 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
Creepshow was released as an excellent 2-DVD SE in the UK by Universal, I very much doubt Arrow could release it over here.
True, I have that too somewhere, but still, I'd buy it
Old 15th April 2010, 03:07 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I know it's been released on blu-ray in America by Warner but I'm surprised Universal hasn't released a blu version here.
Old 15th April 2010, 05:25 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It's region free anyway mate.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 15th April 2010, 08:23 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

True but it would still be nice to see the special edition on blu.

Like this? Share it using the links below!