Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1980's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=553)
-   -   CREEPSHOW (1982, Stephen King, George A. Romero) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1980s/735-creepshow-1982-stephen-king-george-romero.html)

Creepshow 25th September 2008 04:31 PM

CREEPSHOW (1982, Stephen King, George A. Romero)

Still my all-time favourite film, and has been ever since I was very young.

Any other fans of CREEPSHOW lurking around here?

bedorca 25th September 2008 06:47 PM

Haven't seen it for a very long time

Saw Creepshow 2 recently and loved it

Maybe it's time to find a cheap copy!!! :cool:

TALL DUDE 25th September 2008 07:01 PM

Creepshow 3 is on its way.Think its this monday its released,although my hopes aint too high for this one.

I really need to upgrade my bare bones r1 disc to the r2 two disc edition of creepshow.
Favourite story-their creeping up on you,those bugs,brrrr!
Every time i watch this,i start to itch. Yikes!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th September 2008 05:28 PM

Love BOTH the Creepshow films-favourite episodes are the Birthday Cake and Ted Danson episodes from the first,and the RAFT episode from the second...cheers Dude-I'll be picking up III on Monday then....;)
What's everyone else's favourite segments?

threshzombie 26th September 2008 06:22 PM

Really like both Creepshow films - The Raft segment was the one that really stuck in my head. Will have to watch them again soon. Anyone know anything about Creepshow 3?

Sam 26th September 2008 06:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Creepshow is definitely up there in my top 3 of all time.

I've heard pretty bad things about Creepshow 3 - I think the people behind the awful Day of the Dead 2: Contagium are responsible for it!! Nice artwork though...

Creepshow 26th September 2008 07:21 PM

CREEPSHOW 3 is a vile piece of shit and a disgrace to the series. I personally didn't like CREEPSHOW 2 very much, but CREEPSHOW 3 makes CREEPSHOW 2 look like a masterpiece.

In conclusion = Dog shit > Creepshow 3.

Avoid it.

Halloween_22 26th September 2008 07:31 PM

Woah, that covers brilliant. From what i've heard about it though it's supposed to be pretty bad. Shame.

Creepshow is a superb film. Best anthology film i've ever seen, probably followed by the second one. My favourite segments are 'Fathers Day' and 'They're creeping up on you'. In Creepshow 2 it's gotta be 'The Raft' and 'The Hitchhiker'. Those two are brilliant.

Sam 26th September 2008 08:51 PM

I think 'The Crate' takes it for me, a great mix of horror and comedy! I think Ed Harris' dancing in 'Father's Day' deserves a mention as well though!!! :D

Creepshow 26th September 2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedorca (Post 14561)
Maybe it's time to find a cheap copy!!! :cool:

You can currently get the 2-Disc U.K.-exclusive Special Edition of CREEPSHOW for only 7 quid in HMV. I saw it the other day.

It's a great release, if you hurry you should be able to snap it up.

I got it when it first came out for about 18 quid.

...So 7 pound is an absolute steal!!