Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th January 2010, 12:29 AM
Cult Acolyte

You gotta love Zombie Creeping Flesh one of my favourite Italian cheezefests, along with Burial Ground & Zombie Holocaust.
Old 10th January 2010, 11:30 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

An absolute unintentional comedy classic of the first order and an hilarious horror highlight to be sure.

It's been said in certain publications the film features the line "What's eating you today?" but i believe this is incorrect as if i'm not mistaken the dialogue spoken is actually "What's wrong?....Somethin' eatin' ya?".

Vipco's DVD was certainly servicable but once again the U.S. variant wins hands down.
Old 10th January 2010, 01:12 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Far cooler artwork on the Vipco one though.
The U.S. editions artwork are garbage....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 11th January 2010, 11:50 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

ZCF never fails to entertain me every time I give it a watch. It's so bad on so many levels, but that's half the fun.

Vincent: Patience is the chief virtue for those who have faith. Mahatma Gandhi, New Delhi, 1946.
Lt. Mike London: Up your ass. Lieutenant Mike London, Shit Creek, the year is now.

Old 11th January 2010, 09:09 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Classic dialogue.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 16th January 2010, 01:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Far cooler artwork on the Vipco one though.
You're right there and the 'three zombie heads' U.K. artwork definitely catches the eye more than the U.S. variant.
Old 16th January 2010, 10:50 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I watched the B.U. Disc through the week.
It's one of those 'So bad it's good' films.

The SWAT team 'subplot' is a load of bollocks though!

Old 17th January 2010, 10:56 AM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

Imo during the SWAT hostage rescue scene the young 'actor' playing the leader of the bad guys reminds me of veteran Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry!

God only knows how many times i've caught ZCF but the crowd pleasing combination of gormless goings-on, abysmal acting, not-so special FX, daft dialogue and overall general film making ineptitude always goes down a treat!

The film simply has to be seen by any serious supporter of spaghetti schlock!
Old 17th January 2010, 03:21 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

This has just got another UK release on the Beyond Terror label.

I still got the old Merlin UK VHS rental and its missing the entire terrorist scene. The artworks the same as VIPCO's.
I got this and the rental bigbox ZFE (cut) for a fiver each when the local video shop closed down many years ago, sadly never to be reopened.

I dont think theres a video shop near me now , besides the Chinese comunity video shop, as last time I went to XtraVision it was an empty and was getting the shelves taken out , and the Chinese shop has only Chinese language films. ( apologise for drifting of topic )
Old 17th January 2010, 08:23 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The Merlin pre-cert was the same print as the heavily edited UK cinema version.

Like this? Share it using the links below!