Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: BEST JASON?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
BEST JASON?

Like Tree347Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th February 2013, 01:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I thought the "best" part was then they come across a dead friend's corpse and just go oh look it's so and so and carry on their way. Teens today.
Old 13th February 2013, 06:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Well, I thought- after what "Jason Takes Manhattan" (a teleporting, ghost-like Jason) and "Jason goes to Hell" (Jason as a body shifting parasite..? Please... ) had already done to the character- that the remake was quite okay for what it was- a modern day slasher pic.

That said, I'd LOVE to see a serious attempt to go back to the serie's original strenghts, may be even bringing back Tommy Jarvis...

I wouldn't be surprised if we heard some news about he Hockeymasked One's return in one form or another rather sooner than later...
Old 3rd March 2013, 03:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Will we ever see a proper 3d release of the third film using new 3d technology it was done with creature from black lagoon
Old 3rd March 2013, 03:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
The remake was a missed opportunity in every regard. Bad script, bad dialogue, bad acting and bad plotting. Since when did Jason start taking prisoners? The whole raison d'etre for Jason is that he's an unstoppable, indestructible killing machine. He doesn't reason things out or hatch schemes, he simply sees you and kills you. So with that in mind, why would he suddenly start including kidnapping in his mode of behaviour when he's never done it before? I found that particular plot point very irritating.
Actually it's alluded to in Part 3 that he tried to sexually assault the heroine years before. . The remake was ok in some aspects. Friday films are all filled with bad acting and dialogue that's part of the charm of the film series.
Old 27th March 2013, 01:45 AM
Cult Rookie

Been meaning to do this for ages, but finally got round to watching these movies all over again - in order! I've gotten as far as part 4 in the past 5 nights so I think I'm doing well! Part 1 was always putting me off cos I was never fussed on it but I actually really enjoyed it this time around! Wish I had a 3d version of part 3, though!
Old 27th March 2013, 05:27 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulc View Post
Wish I had a 3d version of part 3, though!
I suggest snapping up the region free U.S. Blu Ray release which features the 3D version of the film alongside the 2D print. Unlike the lesser U.K. edition (gee, there's a first!) that remains devoid of the 3D option.
Old 28th March 2013, 04:22 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
I suggest snapping up the region free U.S. Blu Ray release which features the 3D version of the film alongside the 2D print. Unlike the lesser U.K. edition (gee, there's a first!) that remains devoid of the 3D option.
Sounds great! Ok, REALLY must get a blu player!! Why do UK DVDs have to be so behind with the times?!!
Old 28th March 2013, 12:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulc View Post
Sounds great! Ok, REALLY must get a blu player!! Why do UK DVDs have to be so behind with the times?!!
I know, American genre fans have no idea how lucky they are!
Makes me laugh when they complain about the odd release we get before them etc.
Old 28th March 2013, 12:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond72 View Post
I know, American genre fans have no idea how lucky they are!
Makes me laugh when they complain about the odd release we get before them etc.
As a life long Whovian and DVD collector you guys in the UK not only get a bunch before us in North America but its also significantly cheaper as well.

Yes paying 57 dollars for the same DVD you pay 8 pounds for...how lucky I am.
Old 28th March 2013, 02:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criterion7 View Post
As a life long Whovian and DVD collector you guys in the UK not only get a bunch before us in North America but its also significantly cheaper as well.

Yes paying 57 dollars for the same DVD you pay 8 pounds for...how lucky I am.
OK there's gonna be the odd title. But in terms of Horror, sorry but there's no way American fans would put up with the amount of shoddy DVD releases we've had over the years, even if they're not cut then you're lucky if they put the trailer on there as an extra!
Bigger country, bigger market for Horror.
Rik likes this.

Last edited by Beyond72; 28th March 2013 at 03:11 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!