Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's

Poll: BEST JASON?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
BEST JASON?

Like Tree347Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd November 2014, 11:26 PM
Cult Master

The Original 'Friday The 13th Part 3' Ending Revealed In Pictures | Friday The 13th: The Film Franchise

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 3rd November 2014, 06:39 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I have purchased the boxset twice now and returned both of them as they arrive with dents in them, really flimsy tin pot in which they are packaged, and as they cost so much I was not prepared to accept them 'damaged'. Both from the USA and the second one did not return my 'return postage costs'. I know this boxset has its faults but there seemed nothing better out there at this time, but after these fiascos I have just given up. I will wait and hope.

Anybody else had quality issues with the set itself?
Old 3rd November 2014, 07:39 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by profondo rosso View Post
I have purchased the boxset twice now and returned both of them as they arrive with dents in them, really flimsy tin pot in which they are packaged, and as they cost so much I was not prepared to accept them 'damaged'. Both from the USA and the second one did not return my 'return postage costs'. I know this boxset has its faults but there seemed nothing better out there at this time, but after these fiascos I have just given up. I will wait and hope.

I have one on the way from the USA, so I am a bit worried about what condition it will arrive in, it will be such a pain to return it. I'll probably just put up with it if it has a couple of dents, at least I'll have the films.

No votes for part 5 on here? I absolutely love part 5, I honestly think it's one of the best of the series. I couldn't vote for it though because The Final Chapter is clearly the best one.

I went to the all night marathon of parts one to eight at the prince charles cinema a couple of years ago, which was great fun. Out of all the films part 5 got the best reaction, everone was loving it. 'Ooooo, baby'.
Old 3rd November 2014, 04:33 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Nope.I've bought it twice from Movietyme who packaged it in jumbo bubble and put it in a sturdy box.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 3rd November 2014, 04:35 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Funny that,I spent yesterday watching Parts 6 and 7.

Jason Takes Manhattan tonight!
I actually prefer it to part 6!

Looking forward to reaching Jason X....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 3rd November 2014, 04:42 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Jason X is pretty fun (the most enjoyable of the whole franchise I'd say).

Takes Manhattan is dire though.
Old 3rd November 2014, 04:46 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah,I ain't watched Jason X since I bought in on R1 DVD....how long ago was that now?

Jason Lives is pretty bollocks as well though mate!

Old 3rd November 2014, 04:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:

Sorry for your run of bad luck regarding the FRIDAY THE 13TH COLLECTION Profondo Rosso. I've purchased the tin twice and thankfully it's arrived safe and sound and dent free.
profondo rosso likes this.
Old 3rd November 2014, 05:19 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Thanks, both times they were packaged well, they must have been dented before shipping beacuse they were well bubbled and protected. Might of happened at the manufacturers? who knows, glad other got theirs ok though. Like you said, might just be bad luck?
Old 3rd November 2014, 06:28 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Must be mate.
Who did you buy them from?

Like this? Share it using the links below!