Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's

Poll: BEST JASON?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
BEST JASON?

Like Tree347Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th May 2016, 10:35 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
They said it will be. That's why I've been selling myself on street corners for the last few months.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (7.7 KB, 17 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 15th May 2016, 06:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I have a lot of love for Pt. 5, which I know isn't popular, but I really dig the bizarre, mean spirited feeling that director Danny Steinmann brought to this installment.

If I had to rank, they actually go pretty much in order for Parts 1-6, then with some switching 'round near the back end.
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 15th May 2016, 06:41 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I really like part 5. Ethel and Jr are a hoot, and unlike some people, I thought the whole copycat thing was pretty cool. Plus, I might be alone in really liking the hockey mask in this one.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 15th May 2016 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Fixed the link
Old 16th May 2016, 03:26 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I really like part 5. Ethel and Jr are a hoot, and unlike some people, I thought the whole copycat thing was pretty cool. Plus, I might be alone in really liking the hockey mask in this one.

Pseudo Echo is GREAT!
Old 17th January 2017, 03:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default f13th 2017???

hi guys,i understand that there is going to be another FRIDAY 13TH film?
is this another remake,of a remake?

thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 03:09 PM
Cult Master

From what I'm led to believe, it's a continuation of the original series, and not a remake/sequel to the 2009 version

It's supposed to contain a more in-depth explanation regarding WHAT Jason is, and WHY he is able to return to life after so many deaths!

New Friday The 13th Movie May Finally Explain Why The Hell Jason Is Alive - CINEMABLEND

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 31st January 2017, 09:46 AM
Cult Master

Interesting!

Friday the 13th, Part 13 Lead Speaking Roles Casting Call

"Ultimate Model Management, Inc is now submitting talent to appear in the new movie Friday the 13th, Part 13 in Atlanta, Georgia. Casting directors are looking for Caucasian male actors who are identical twins and age 12, for the role of Young Jason for feature film “Friday the 13th, Part 13”. Filming will take place in Atlanta starting March through May 2017.

To audition for a role on the upcoming feature film, check out the casting call breakdown below.

REQUIREMENTS/ROLE(S)

[YOUNG JASON] – Male, Caucasian, 12 years old ONLY SEEKING IDENTICAL TWINS W/ TV AND FILM CREDITS. MUST BE UNDER 5 FOOT. NO EXCEPTIONS. Lengthy and awkward. A dark, ominous child, who has severe psychological issues. Must have a very electric and expressive face (you will be painting the scene with your facial expressions), as this role does not speak. YOUNG JASON will grow into the pyscho-killer JASON. SUPPORTING ROLE. MUST BE ATLANTA BASED."

So, is this due to late working hours when a double would be used, or is the film going to feature Jason and his twin brother?

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 31st January 2017, 12:52 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I guess they would want twins to maximise the shooting time and accommodate the child actors' schooling and the limits on the amount of time they can work per day, so it will just be for one role.
Old 31st January 2017, 02:14 PM
Cult Veteran

Yep, that's standard practice with child roles, not usually for 12yr olds though, perhaps there is going to be a lot of long days, there are strict rules to adhere to with the length of working days. It must be quite a large role I think.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 31st January 2017, 02:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Finding it difficult to garner much enthusiasm for this new Friday the 13th. I find that horror villains work better when you know less about them. Not sure that it's a wise decision to try to "explain" Jason. I think that the team behind this new film are overthinking the concept, sometimes less is more. As it is, I only like six F13th films made to date - the original, 2, 4, 6, surprisingly Jason X (an enjoyable tongue-in-cheek sci-fi slasher which I know is hated by many fans) and Freddy vs Jason.

Like this? Share it using the links below!