Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: BEST JASON?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
BEST JASON?

Like Tree347Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th July 2012, 09:56 AM
Active Cultist

part 2 was the first one i ever saw so i already new mrs voorhees was the original killer but yeah i can imagine it being a shock if you were expecting jason.
Old 19th July 2012, 01:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vippo View Post
Can anyone tell me why the UK has the worst Friday the 13th Blu Ray collection?
Because we live in rip-off Britain pure and simple. We get shafted with the DVD releases too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Until ALL the U.E.'s are released on BD in the US, the below is the way to go!

In fact when they are all out on BD, this is still a keeper!
I couldn't agree more and there's no way i'd ever dispense with my R1 F13 Hockey Mask DVD collection either. It's a great set and the best out there for fans of the franchise imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Neal View Post
Paramount only too willingly giving in as they are not exactly known for their deep-rooted love for the series and the genre in general.
The studio was quite happy to make millions out of the F13 saga, though. Typical two-faced Hollywood hypocrisy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
I liked 8 but yes I agree it was more Jason's Ship Of Death rather then New York.
If i'm not wrong most of the 'New York City' footage was actually lensed in Canada for budgetary reasons! Still though, Kane Hodder remains as marvellously menacing as always in this installment and the highlights for me include Jason pursuing the film's two young leads through a busy tube train and exposing his face to some street thugs. Not to mention the memorable 'Give me your best shot!' scene!

Incomprehensible ending, though and watch out for a bit part for Freddy Vs. Jason's version of Voorhees, Ken Kirzinger getting manhandled by Hodder's Jason strangely enough!
Old 19th July 2012, 04:32 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Strangely im the 13th person to vote for part six ooohhhhh spooky

As i said in a recent thread about watching pt6 it was the first one i seen and will always have a special place with me.
Old 20th July 2012, 05:37 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
I enjoy all F13 entries in one way or another with parts 4, 6, 7 and 8 probably being my fave films in the franchise. Hodder is brilliant as Jason in the latter three outings imo.
Old 20th July 2012, 07:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcol View Post
part 2 was the first one i ever saw so i already new mrs voorhees was the original killer but yeah i can imagine it being a shock if you were expecting jason.
Yea it was for me.

The way Parts 1 & 2 (on video) were talked about when I was a kid, it was like they were almost one movie. So while I remember someone saying "Jason comes out of the water at the end", I didn't expect it the way it happened!
Old 21st July 2012, 01:10 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
I liked 8 but yes I agree it was more Jason's Ship Of Death rather then New York
Yeah, Jason Takes Manhattan - the title promised much. Instead, it's more of a two minute stroll through Times Square. He doesn't really 'take' anything. Ho hum.
Old 21st July 2012, 08:27 AM
Cult Addict

Jason Lives has always been my favourate os the series, followed by Part 2.

DVD and BD collection
Old 21st July 2012, 08:32 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Yeah, Jason Takes Manhattan - the title promised much. Instead, it's more of a two minute stroll through Times Square. He doesn't really 'take' anything. Ho hum.
The film took the least takings at the box office too i think with Paramount realising the game was up for the F13 series afterwards and subsequently selling the rights to New Line.
Old 21st July 2012, 02:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
The film took the least takings at the box office too i think with Paramount realising the game was up for the F13 series afterwards and subsequently selling the rights to New Line.
Paramount always treated the franchise like a red-headed stepchild. 8 was a bad film mostly because it took two film ideas and crammed it into one and completely misunderstood the character of Jason.( in 8 he's a vengeful ghost)

Ironically it was actually New Line that pretty much killed the slasher genre IMHO. The whoring of the Freddy character pretty much dragged down the whole genre.

General perception is a dangerous thing. The Nightmare films was what people saw prevelant in the main stream so when the quality of the series dipped the whole genre got painted with the same brush. It's kinda like wrestling now, casual fans see the WWE as wrestling and it's the worst thing going which means to casual fans that that is as good as it gets .
Sadly popular means good to a lot of the general populace.
Old 6th September 2012, 03:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Since I've recently watch 9 out of 10 of these it's really fresh in my mind. Tough choice between 4 and 6, I went for 6 because I remember genuinely feeling tense by the end of it, been a while since a horror movie has actually done what it's supposed to do, but 4 is amazing too, and Crispen Glover is brilliant - that dance...
Peter Neal, Rik and oaxaca like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!