Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's

Poll: BEST JASON?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
BEST JASON?

Like Tree347Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st January 2013, 01:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Indeed. Crystal Lake Memories is a great book. Can't wait to see the documentary either.
I've been asked for permission for some of my poster designs to be featured in that!
Old 13th February 2013, 01:11 AM
Cultist

I saw Jason Goes To Hell in a theater and thought it was a lot of fun for what it was. Also, I was one of a few people to stick around after the credits to see Freddy's glove.
Old 13th February 2013, 08:25 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Would anyone else be interested in seeing another Friday the 13th movie? Perhaps with Tommy Jarvis returning? I would love them to make another sequel to the original films. One thing we don't need is a sequel to the remake!
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 13th February 2013, 08:36 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Predictable and plain are the words that spring to my mind with respect to the Friday the 13th series.

No, I don't need a sequel to the remake; I don't need a sequel to the original series either.

Greetings!
Old 13th February 2013, 09:29 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthelvis View Post
Would anyone else be interested in seeing another Friday the 13th movie? Perhaps with Tommy Jarvis returning? I would love them to make another sequel to the original films. One thing we don't need is a sequel to the remake!
Definately. I know Corey Feldman has been saying for a while now, that he'd like to play Tommy Jarvis again.
Peter Neal likes this.
Old 13th February 2013, 09:36 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I fancy watching 4 & 5 again, might give it a go tonight

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 13th February 2013, 11:19 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthelvis View Post
I'd only be interested in another film if the director wanted to go back to basics, and keep Jason in the shadows for much of the running time, like the first half of the original series. I feel the remake was a missed opportunity in that regard.
Peter Neal likes this.
Old 13th February 2013, 11:29 AM
Cultist

Don't really see the use in remaking all these films, as 1) they look terrible, and 2) the offer nothing new to the viewer.

As it is, I'm quite content to watch the original Fridays 1-4, Halloween, Nightmare On Elm Street, The Howling, etc.
Old 13th February 2013, 11:37 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond72 View Post
I'd only be interested in another film if the director wanted to go back to basics, and keep Jason in the shadows for much of the running time, like the first half of the original series. I feel the remake was a missed opportunity in that regard.
The remake was a missed opportunity in every regard. Bad script, bad dialogue, bad acting and bad plotting. Since when did Jason start taking prisoners? The whole raison d'etre for Jason is that he's an unstoppable, indestructible killing machine. He doesn't reason things out or hatch schemes, he simply sees you and kills you. So with that in mind, why would he suddenly start including kidnapping in his mode of behaviour when he's never done it before? I found that particular plot point very irritating.
Old 13th February 2013, 12:07 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
The remake was a missed opportunity in every regard. Bad script, bad dialogue, bad acting and bad plotting. Since when did Jason start taking prisoners? The whole raison d'etre for Jason is that he's an unstoppable, indestructible killing machine. He doesn't reason things out or hatch schemes, he simply sees you and kills you. So with that in mind, why would he suddenly start including kidnapping in his mode of behaviour when he's never done it before? I found that particular plot point very irritating.
And the whole thing where he booby-traps his lair too. So out of keeping with the character.

It is responsible for some of the most amusing sex scene dialogue in a film to date though - "oh baby you have perfect nipple placement!" etc
Daemonia likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!