Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th February 2013, 11:20 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
It's the standard print used on US Dvd's and Blu Ray's Rik.
I own both.

The shorter version probably packs a better punch,but as it's Kubrick,Nicholson and The Overlook,I don't mind the extra running time on the US cut at all.
I definitely prefer the longer cut, the pacing builds the atmosphere brilliantly for me.
Old 7th February 2013, 11:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Is the shorter cut on blu ray?

I got the US blu ray, and that was the longer cut, the first time I'd seen it.

It was a bit long, so I think the shorter one works better.
Yeah, the UK blu is the shorter version.
fuzzymctiger likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 9th July 2015, 11:50 AM
Cult Master

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/post/123...ning-explained - The Lost Ending Of The Shining Explained

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 9th July 2015, 12:02 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

"This week, on a Reddit thread titled “Frames from the hospital scene from the original ending of The Shining,” a fan unearthed three continuity Polaroids that show scenes from the film’s deleted epilogue"

First rule of journalism - Always check your facts before you go to print - these continuity polaroids were printed in the wonderful Taschen book 'The Stanley Kubrick Archives', an indispensable tome that was published TEN YEARS AGO.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 9th July 2015, 07:08 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook View Post
"This week, on a Reddit thread titled “Frames from the hospital scene from the original ending of The Shining,” a fan unearthed three continuity Polaroids that show scenes from the film’s deleted epilogue"

First rule of journalism - Always check your facts before you go to print - these continuity polaroids were printed in the wonderful Taschen book 'The Stanley Kubrick Archives', an indispensable tome that was published TEN YEARS AGO.
Actually, the first rule of journalism is "Never let the facts get in the way of a good story"!

Old 9th July 2015, 09:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook View Post

Classic Yahoo. I knew the second I saw that story that it would bring nothing ne to the table, the explanation and photo as you have said have been around for years. But oh boy, Yahoo won't let the fact that the info is already out there stop from SENSATIONALISM

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 29th October 2015, 12:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Interesting article on the worst Stephen King adaption ever, some decent points raised here that I fully agree with. I've said it before many a time that I love the Shining, it's one of my favourite films, but as an adaption of King's work, it's terrible and bares little resemblance to the source material, and while the TV mini-series does have it's faults (mentioned here), it is a far more faithful adaption.

Is Stephen King justified in hating Kubrick’s vision for The Shining? · Page To Screen · The A.V. Club
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 20th May 2019, 05:44 AM
Cult Master

No idea what label it's going to be on, or whether it's just a US release or worldwide, but 'The Shining' is due to be released on Ultra HD on October 1st
Paul@TheOverlook likes this.

Old 20th May 2019, 08:27 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
No idea what label it's going to be on, or whether it's just a US release or worldwide, but 'The Shining' is due to be released on Ultra HD on October 1st

Bloody Disgusting is reporting that there is a lot of fan speculation emerging surrounding the 4K release being the 146 minute cut including the original coda - I think it’s optimistic to be honest given that there have been four home video releases since Kubrick died and that missing footage hasn’t emerged yet. I’d love to be proved wrong but I can’t see it happening.
Old 20th May 2019, 06:46 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Another classic Warner work of art eh?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SHINING---LINK-POST---1200X628-v2.jpg (88.0 KB, 17 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!