Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th March 2010, 03:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
Myers appears of a sort. He can be spotted on the TV screen (showing Halloween), and Dick Warlock (Myers in Halloween II) is the hospital killer. One of Michael's original victims is also Tom Atkins's wife.

(paltry connections but as close as I can get)
Also, Jamie Lee Curtis can be heard announcing the town's curfew time over the factory's loudspeaker.Another connection to the original Halloween.
Old 29th March 2010, 04:12 PM
Ex-member

Plot is awful due to the HUGE holes in it...But otherwise chalk me up as a big fan of this sucker!

The little nods to "Halloween" and John Carpenter are fun too.
As mentioned already it's a cheekily wicked idea to have "Halloween" itself as the film that will lead into the 'killer ad's'.
The classical music that is playing when a badge 'miss-fires' (to wonderfully splattery and nasty effect) is the same music that Adrienne Barbeau plays as she drive to the lighthouse in "The Fog".
And the framing of the shots where Atkins and Nelkin are walking around while being watched are the same as "Halloween", with the half back and shoulders of the robot set up exactly like the scenes of Myers watching Jamie Lee Curtis.

And how early on did this film latch onto the CCTV culture we now live in!?

I like the 'brand name' swipes too (though perhaps unintentional).
The fact is "Silver Shamrock" is 'Adidas' and 'Nike'.

Dan's kids do not want his 'other brand', cheap, masks they want the 'Nike', sorry, I mean "Silver Shamrock", masks that are the hip and cool make to have..."ALL THE KIDS WANT ONE"!

Oh dear....if only they had gone for Dan's non-brand masks things would have been a lot safer!
How freakin' 'hip' are you now kid with your face hanging off!
Old 29th March 2010, 04:23 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Is vomiting up tarantulas not hip anymore? Damn I must need to get down wid da kidz...

Old 29th March 2010, 04:49 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
Also, Jamie Lee Curtis can be heard announcing the town's curfew time over the factory's loudspeaker.Another connection to the original Halloween.
Indeed she does. Well spotted there Vampix. She was also the voice of the telephone operator.

In Jack Martin's novelization the couple pass a church in Santa Mira announcing a sermon read by Father Tom Malone (a Fog reference but why not).

Last edited by vincenzo; 29th March 2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 29th March 2010, 04:58 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
In Jack Martin's novelization the couple pass a church in Santa Mira announcing a sermon read by Father Tom Malone (a Fog reference but why not).
Bloody Hell, Vince! Good memory!

Dennis Etchison (aka Jack martin) also wrote the novelisation of The Fog. He's a lovely bloke, incidentally.
Old 29th March 2010, 05:03 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Dennis Etchison (aka Jack martin) also wrote the novelisation of The Fog. He's a lovely bloke, incidentally.
Tommy Lee Wallace (production designer and also one of the ghosts in The Fog) is the voice of the Silver Shamrock announcer in Halloween III.

So blame him if you can't stop singing it all night.
Old 29th March 2010, 05:05 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Tommy Lee Wallace (production designer and also one of the ghosts in The Fog) is the voice of the Silver Shamrock announcer in Halloween III.

So blame him if you can't stop singing it all night.
All night? I've been singing it since I was 14!
Old 29th March 2010, 05:34 PM
Cultist in Training

This is one of those films I used to hate with a vengence when I was a wee lad -- but now I think it's ace! Dont own it on DVD though, oddly enough.

I also really like Romero's "Season of the Witch" as well, creaky though it is.

Like this? Share it using the links below!