Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1980's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=553)
-   -   Stagefright (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1980s/9270-stagefright.html)

Justin101 9th August 2012 02:14 PM

Stagefright

Maybe some people who have got the discs can let me know which of the discs are better?

The EC version or the AB/BU versions - not even counting the 'Beyond Terror' version since the cover is nasty!

:D :popcorn:

Pete 9th August 2012 02:21 PM

There is a lot of discussion over what is the correct ratio for this film. The Anchor Bay/BU edition is 1.85:1 and crops the final shot of the film, while the EC and Vipco editions are completely open matte and look good but it still doesn't look right. The EC includes the option of including a fake 1.66:1 matte over the film.

The more recent AWE edition has both the Widescreen transfer from the R1 editions and the full frame transfer from the EC & Vipco dvds and, until a BD eventually comes along, I'd say get that.

Rik 9th August 2012 02:32 PM

This is the version Pete is talking about, I've used this seller loads of times and found them very reliable
StageFright - Uncut - | eBay

Justin101 9th August 2012 02:34 PM

Thanks guys, I actually haven't seen it since the Redemption VHS and I honestly can't remember whether that was full frame or not!

Pete 9th August 2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 264776)
This is the version Pete is talking about, I've used this seller loads of times and found them very reliable

Yeah, I've used them loads of times myself and they are excellent.

Pete 9th August 2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 264777)
Thanks guys, I actually haven't seen it since the Redemption VHS and I honestly can't remember whether that was full frame or not!

It was letterboxed. I had Redemption's VCD of it and it looked alright but was way to dark.

Justin101 9th August 2012 02:41 PM

I'll have it in 4-6 days :D

Slippery Jack 9th August 2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 264776)

Ugh. It's painful how bad the photoshopping is on that cover :doh: . . .

Rik 9th August 2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 264782)
Ugh. It's painful how bad the photoshopping is on that cover :doh: . . .

Its awful, now if someone was to come up with a decent cover for this....:rolleyes:

James Morton 9th August 2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 264785)
Its awful, now if someone was to come up with a decent cover for this....:rolleyes:

whats wrong with the cover?
i have AWE dvd of STAGEFRIGHT bettter framed than the Anchor bay