Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1990's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   Braindead Peter Jackson 1992 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1990s/6602-braindead-peter-jackson-1992-a.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st September 2011 07:00 PM

Braindead Peter Jackson 1992

1 Attachment(s)

Susan Foreman 1st September 2011 07:13 PM

Undecided about my favourite quote here. One minute I am going for:

Father McGruder: Stand back boy! This calls for divine intervention! I kick arse for the Lord

and the next minute, I am going for:

Paquita Maria Sanchez: Your mother ate my dog!
Lionel Cosgrove: Not all of it.

Rik 1st September 2011 07:19 PM

Still remember the first time I saw this, got my mum to rent it out when it was first released and watched it with some friends, one of whom was sick!!

Violence is Italian Art

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd September 2011 08:32 AM

It's really been too long since I saw this and I need to watch it again... soon.

Braindead is a splatter classic with some jet black humour and gallons of fake blood. There aren't many movies where a lawnmower is used as a weapon!

Cactus 2nd September 2011 08:59 AM

US BD due out - US unrated cut only though!

wayfarer 2nd September 2011 10:24 AM

I liked the oddball humour in this movie. The custard scene is comedy gold. Having The Archers playing in the background is a bit surreal.

The splatter is very silly but fun. I would not have predicted that the Director would go on to film the most popular trilogy of movies of all time.

James Morton 2nd September 2011 03:21 PM

yet another title for Arrow's future catalogue?
got the German dvd, a brilliant gory horror comedy
still Jackson's best in my opinion
not a fan of LOTR trilogy

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 2nd September 2011 04:36 PM

Flymo slaughter? Egg sandwich?

What's your favourite scene?

Zingawa!

antmumford 5th September 2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 178480)
Flymo slaughter? Egg sandwich?

What's your favourite scene?

Zingawa!

How could anyone not love the Flymo scene? In fact their are many scenes that all stand out to me. Even right at the beginning when the guy get's his arm cut off on the beach as they're trying to escape the tribesman. I remember being sickened but yet so impressed at how real it looked. I was only a youngster at the time so am certainly more hardened to gore scenes but I always remember it really blowing me away at the time and knew I was in for a treat.

What I love more though is the constant quotable lines, I still find myself using them to this day.

"The W L, W L !!"

"Your mother ate my dog"

"I kick ass for the lord"

Oh I could go on and on. The film is genius and I cannot wait to see a UK Blu-ray release

Vampix 5th September 2011 12:23 PM

I thought I heard Peter Jackson wanted to go back to his earlier splatter comedies and do them the proper justice they deserve on DVD & Blu-ray, this was some time back though.