Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2000's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th January 2009, 07:53 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default My Bloody Valentine 3D (2009)

Woah!

I've just come back from seeing My Bloody Valentine 3D and I can confirm that it is UBER BRILLIANT! The 3D is amazing (much better than the old red/cyan glasses) and the film uses it to great effect. It's not the cleverest plot of all time - some of the characters do the darnest dumbest things but it's a slasher! The gore is goregeous and it's full of little horror film references here and there. I urge you all to go and see it, if you can.

Bring on the sequels and a francise - maybe it will start a new era of horror? I know that Final Destination 4 is going to be in 3D too!
Old 18th January 2009, 10:50 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Sounds good mate,gonna watch my uncut region 1 soon....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th January 2009, 10:22 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

It's not fair, why do you and MM get to own a copy of it before me? I'm a bigger fan of MBV than you two put together . I think you should both donate your copies to me so I can keep one and flog one on eBay for a nice profit . Joking aside, when are Amazon gonna bloody well stock it? They're taking ages.

I've deliberately skipped the first post in fear of spoilers, all I will ask iluvdvds is - how does it compare with the original?

I'm planning on watching it soon, it's just a matter of finding the time and a cinema that's showing it in 3D.
Old 19th January 2009, 10:55 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Hey Cloud! Guess what. I haven't seen the original yet!
Old 19th January 2009, 11:00 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

What?!?!? You must put that right soon, it's one of the very best films of the '80s. You're lucky in a way because up until now its fans have had to put up with crappy cut to shreds VHS and DVD releases . I really hope Lionsgate make a fortune off this uncut DVD, it would certainly be a middle finger up to Paramount.
Old 19th January 2009, 11:11 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I'm surprised the uncut one hasn't yet had a UK DVD release to tie in with the 3-D remake.
Old 19th January 2009, 12:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

There were a couple on Amazonuk fetching silly bloody money.Any fan of 80s slasher films has to get this uncut.Great stuff !
Old 19th January 2009, 12:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Two of my brothers went to see the remake & they both liked it a lot.However both said 30 Days Of Night was rubbish !
Old 19th January 2009, 01:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I notice on IMDb that some people are still complaining despite this new DVD. Why? Because 7 minutes of unreleased dialogue hasn't been included on the disc.....

And there are also complaints about Lionsgate's transfer which I hear is inferior to Paramount's. Also some problematic discs which make a horrible grinding sound in some DVD players. I recently had that grinding problem with some discs in volume one of Anchor Bay's Masters of Horror set and infuriating ain't the word!
Old 20th January 2009, 07:54 AM
Cultist

I saw MBV3D on Saturday and thought it was a blast. It's not necessarily a very good film, in fact it isn't, but thanks to the 3-D it's great fun. Plus, it was nice to see a horror movie that didn't take itself too seriously. Gore and boobs in 3-D, what more could you ask of an afternoon out?

Also, I got home to find the DVD of the new cut of the original had been delivered, which I watched last night. When I first saw it a few years ago I wasn't particularly blown away, although this is probably because it was a bit limp without the gore. Inserted back in the film plays considerably better.

I don't know which version I prefer, but both are fun horror flicks.

Of the people who have seen the revamp in 3-D, did anyone not steal their glasses?

Like this? Share it using the links below!