Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2000's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th January 2009, 10:43 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I wanted a pair of those glasses as a collectable but my brother said they were tagged.I thought you had to buy them not hand them back.I wonder if the dvd will include 3D & 'Flat' versions as I can't see standard dvd releases due to poor vision in one eye sadly !
Old 20th January 2009, 11:53 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I kept mine! Wahoo! Got them here right now. The ushers were all stood at the door trying to get them back - of course hardly anyone gave the glasses to them! :P
Old 20th January 2009, 12:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
I kept mine! Wahoo! Got them here right now. The ushers were all stood at the door trying to get them back - of course hardly anyone gave the glasses to them! :P
Hello Crimestoppers........
Old 20th January 2009, 01:43 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I blagged around a dozen pairs of 3-D glasses from my local cinema when they showed Freddy's Dead many moons ago. Still have them here thankfully.
Old 20th January 2009, 08:41 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

When you buy freddys dead now it seems to have 3d parts when he dies, but you dont get any glasses with it...
'...I believe in murder...I believe in pain...I believe in cruelty and infidelity...I believe in slime...and every putrid crawling thing...and every possible ugliness..and corruption...you son of a bitch!...'
Old 21st January 2009, 09:08 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
I blagged around a dozen pairs of 3-D glasses from my local cinema when they showed Freddy's Dead many moons ago. Still have them here thankfully.
I had the Guild big box 3D version on ex-rental.Sold the tape but kept one pair of glasses.
Old 21st January 2009, 02:34 PM
Cultist

I just found the 3-D glasses that I got free with the region 1 Nightmare collection. I have since lost them again, but I now have a rough idea of where they might be so they shouldn't be too tricky to track down again. I hope.

Did anyone else get the Friday the 13th remake trailer ahead of MBV3D? Everything I'd seen about the film up until then had no impact for me, I was feeling very sceptical. The new trailer, though, was great. Made the remake look quite creepy. I'm sort of excited now.
Old 21st January 2009, 04:22 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

I saw that trailer before My Bloody Valentine 3D too Matt, and it looks like it may actually be brilliant. I hope it is anyway! It looks a hell of a lot better than the remake of The Last House On The Left's trailer which looks absolutly crap
Old 24th January 2009, 12:26 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

I've just come back from watching My Bloody Valentine 3D AGAIN! Wahoo! A great experience second time round too.
Old 24th January 2009, 07:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Went to see this in 3D today and it's good fun. Pretty much every slasher film cliche is in there but it gets straight into it and doesn't scrimp on the gore. The 3D is the best I've seen and adds a lot to the film.

Not sure how this'd fare if it wasn't in 3D though and I won't be rushing out to buy it on DVD but worth seeing at the cinema.

On a separate note, since when did it cost £9 to go to the cinema??? I usually go to the AMC, which is fairly reasonable but had to opt for the Odeon, who were showing this in 3D. I know you get the glasses etc. but £9 per standard ticket is a bit ott! anyway, rant over..

Like this? Share it using the links below!