Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2000's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=555)
-   -   My Bloody Valentine 3D (2009) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2000s/1004-my-bloody-valentine-3d-2009-a.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 18th January 2009 07:53 PM

My Bloody Valentine 3D (2009)

Woah!

I've just come back from seeing My Bloody Valentine 3D and I can confirm that it is UBER BRILLIANT! The 3D is amazing (much better than the old red/cyan glasses) and the film uses it to great effect. It's not the cleverest plot of all time - some of the characters do the darnest dumbest things but it's a slasher! The gore is goregeous and it's full of little horror film references here and there. I urge you all to go and see it, if you can.

Bring on the sequels and a francise - maybe it will start a new era of horror? I know that Final Destination 4 is going to be in 3D too!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th January 2009 10:50 PM

Sounds good mate,gonna watch my uncut region 1 soon....;)

cloud 19th January 2009 10:22 AM

It's not fair, why do you and MM get to own a copy of it before me? I'm a bigger fan of MBV than you two put together :(. I think you should both donate your copies to me so I can keep one and flog one on eBay for a nice profit :D. Joking aside, when are Amazon gonna bloody well stock it? They're taking ages.

I've deliberately skipped the first post in fear of spoilers, all I will ask iluvdvds is - how does it compare with the original?

I'm planning on watching it soon, it's just a matter of finding the time and a cinema that's showing it in 3D.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 19th January 2009 10:55 AM

Hey Cloud! Guess what. I haven't seen the original yet!:rofl:

cloud 19th January 2009 11:00 AM

What?!?!? You must put that right soon, it's one of the very best films of the '80s. You're lucky in a way because up until now its fans have had to put up with crappy cut to shreds VHS and DVD releases :mad:. I really hope Lionsgate make a fortune off this uncut DVD, it would certainly be a middle finger up to Paramount.

vincenzo 19th January 2009 11:11 AM

I'm surprised the uncut one hasn't yet had a UK DVD release to tie in with the 3-D remake.

mark meakin 19th January 2009 12:34 PM

There were a couple on Amazonuk fetching silly bloody money.Any fan of 80s slasher films has to get this uncut.Great stuff !:)

mark meakin 19th January 2009 12:38 PM

Two of my brothers went to see the remake & they both liked it a lot.However both said 30 Days Of Night was rubbish !:confused:

cloud 19th January 2009 01:49 PM

I notice on IMDb that some people are still complaining despite this new DVD. Why? Because 7 minutes of unreleased dialogue hasn't been included on the disc.....

And there are also complaints about Lionsgate's transfer which I hear is inferior to Paramount's. Also some problematic discs which make a horrible grinding sound in some DVD players. I recently had that grinding problem with some discs in volume one of Anchor Bay's Masters of Horror set and infuriating ain't the word!

Matt 20th January 2009 07:54 AM

I saw MBV3D on Saturday and thought it was a blast. It's not necessarily a very good film, in fact it isn't, but thanks to the 3-D it's great fun. Plus, it was nice to see a horror movie that didn't take itself too seriously. Gore and boobs in 3-D, what more could you ask of an afternoon out?

Also, I got home to find the DVD of the new cut of the original had been delivered, which I watched last night. When I first saw it a few years ago I wasn't particularly blown away, although this is probably because it was a bit limp without the gore. Inserted back in the film plays considerably better.

I don't know which version I prefer, but both are fun horror flicks.

Of the people who have seen the revamp in 3-D, did anyone not steal their glasses?