Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2000's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th February 2009, 08:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yes but they could have got an actress who looked much younger than she really was.

Well whatever her real age it's still a scene that deserves total condemnation.
Old 28th February 2009, 08:38 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Yeah. Wether the actress was portraying a youngster or actually was one, the scene isnt real BUT its still totally grim to film such a scene anyways.
Purely the product of a warped mind.

And with regards to the vomiting scene....just why?
'...I believe in murder...I believe in pain...I believe in cruelty and infidelity...I believe in slime...and every putrid crawling thing...and every possible ugliness..and corruption...you son of a bitch!...'
Old 28th February 2009, 09:10 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I saw Mordum about five or six years ago, just the once. My overriding memory of watching it is that scene. And I remember thinking to myself at the time, "Jesus, that's a kid!" I couldn't tell you if the actress was of age or not, I just know she really didn't look it.

Outrage for outrage sake, trying to be as sick as possible, pointless. Yeah, and ****ing grim.
Old 28th February 2009, 09:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Still though, better than anything Eli Roth has ever done. Oh, and the vomiting? Just how long did that scene go on for, for Christ's sake!
Old 28th February 2009, 09:13 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

haha i think it was about 20 mins.....thats like 19 mins too long for real vomiting scenes with fat chicks.
'...I believe in murder...I believe in pain...I believe in cruelty and infidelity...I believe in slime...and every putrid crawling thing...and every possible ugliness..and corruption...you son of a bitch!...'
Old 1st March 2009, 06:32 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Anyone seen Slaughtered Vomit Dolls?

In regards to vomiting it's supposed to be on par with Mordum, possibly more extreme
Old 1st March 2009, 09:41 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I saw 2 of the 3 AU films and although I could 'handle' them they wouldn't be what i'd call 'my thing'.
Old 1st March 2009, 10:48 AM
Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Yes but they could have got an actress who looked much younger than she really was.

Well whatever her real age it's still a scene that deserves total condemnation.
It goes to show how good Vogel's effects are because it was a lifesize doll they made for that scene and its bloody convincing as well.
Old 1st March 2009, 11:21 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Thanks Goatboy.

So it wasn't even a real person then. Yeah definitely good effects.
Old 1st March 2009, 12:06 PM
Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Thanks Goatboy.

So it wasn't even a real person then. Yeah definitely good effects.
Nope, but there are still some dubious issues regarding it, heres an excert from an interview with Ryan Nicholson (the guy that directed "Live Feed"). I stand corrected though as it wasn't Vogel (Toetag) that made the doll.

DVDActive.com: Though obviously meant to be disturbing, Live Feed has intentions of entertaining. What do you think about some of the nearly plotless gore films making the rounds these days, like the August Underground stuff?

Nicholson:My good friend, Killjoy of Necrophagia produced August Underground and actually most of the gory bodies, the dead baby and the little girl in the bathtub at the end of the movie came from me. I didn't know it at the time, Killjoy said he was making a music video and needed those props. I sent him crates of bodies and severed limbs, little did I know they'd end up in that movie. When he showed me the movie, I was pissed off to see that silicone little girl prop getting sodomized by Mikey Maggot, I was pissed because I could get sued! That little girl is a lifecast of a real girl. Did she know she'd be in that movie, nope, neither did I!

Like this? Share it using the links below!