Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2000's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th February 2009, 03:14 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Default AU's Mordum (2003)

Finally made myself sit through this from start to finish.
Now i like to puch my boundaries when it comes to horror but this was ****ing rank!

I could handle it all apart from the puking and the bits involving the youngsters.

Anyone else punished themselves with this trash?
'...I believe in murder...I believe in pain...I believe in cruelty and infidelity...I believe in slime...and every putrid crawling thing...and every possible ugliness..and corruption...you son of a bitch!...'
Old 28th February 2009, 03:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yes I have and I couldn't handle any of it but decided to force myself to sit through it anyway Yes it's absolutely vile from beginning to end. These films are really getting more extreme. Since there is no censorship in the States they can push the boundaries as far as they want.
Old 28th February 2009, 03:42 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

yeh its ****ing grimm.
i dont feel sick, i just feel kinda jaded.
'...I believe in murder...I believe in pain...I believe in cruelty and infidelity...I believe in slime...and every putrid crawling thing...and every possible ugliness..and corruption...you son of a bitch!...'
Old 28th February 2009, 03:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

A few of us here have seen this but unsurprisingly it's not a film that too many people have seen. I wonder if it was shown anywhere outside the US?

Yes it's a film that has to be seen to be believed. The Saw and Hostel films are U rated compared to this.
Old 28th February 2009, 03:55 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

As far as i know, it can only be gotten hold of direct from Toe Tags website.
So it has no distribution that i know of. I watched it on google video, which worries me that anyone of any age can stumble across it.
Old 28th February 2009, 04:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

One or 2 of the even more outrageous scenes (cut from the film) can be found on the deleted section on the DVD, so the film could have been even sicker if such a thing could be possible.

Well I'm not surprised that there have been no attempts at a wider distribution.

Will you be checking out the other 2 in the series, Jim?

Underground (2003) and Penance (2007).

So far I haven't heard of plans for a 4th film, thank god.
Old 28th February 2009, 04:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I think Movietyme had these in stock a year or so ago.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 28th February 2009, 05:59 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

i dont know if i want to watch the other two to be honest..i am grossly intigued now though ya know?

Fred Vogul has made a fourth film called The Redsin Tower although its not realted to the AU flicks. It's 'properly' shot and is a standard horror film from what ive read about it.

It's a few hours on from watching Mordum and it's still stuck in my head big time.
The bathtub scene has stuck with me as a nasty, nasty image. I just kinda hoping what i was watching was not as it quite seemed.
Old 28th February 2009, 06:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'm interested in seeing these movies now.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 28th February 2009, 06:02 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

well loops, youre like me.
The negative feedback/reviews and warnings of 'dont watch this movie' made me watch it. haha.

its up there on tv-links.cc if youre brave enough....

Like this? Share it using the links below!