Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2000's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=555)
-   -   What's Your Fav Horror of 2009?? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2000s/1974-whats-your-fav-horror-2009-a.html)

Rob Strange 20th January 2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 58301)
LTROI is a instant classic, I dont know what the hell Matt Reeves is thinking by making "Let Me In". Its going to end up horrible but will just watch to see how bad it is :lol:

They're calling it 'Let Me In'?? :frusty: Sounds bloody dreadful. Granted, I understand the people this *cough* 'reimaging' is aimed at are not big into reading subtitles, but surely they don't have such short attention spans that a whole five word title is out of the question? 'Let Me In' sounds like a horrific power-ballad designed for a James Cameron credit sequence.

The only good thing is that I can still publically talk about 'Let The Right One In' without people assuming I'm banging on about this cash-in. Who is this Matt Reeves anyway? Director of lower-tier shaky-cam nonsense Cloverfield? Pfft. Rubbish! :rant:

BioZombie 20th January 2010 07:40 PM

I 100% agree with you Rob. I'm sick to the back teeth of this new spate of remakes! Don’t even let me get started on the Crazies remake (okay maybe a little bit). I was flicking through the IMDB page for it at work (its one of the only sites I can access I would be here if it was possible) and ever post seemed to start with 'of course the original is not a very good film...' and that seemed to be their justification for endorsing the remake. I love the original crazies its fast paced and tense and I love the colours that are used. This remake looks like a big CGI filled piece of dung (is there anything worse than CGI gore effects? Surely its cheaper and more effective to just splatter the hell out of the actors with some good old fashioned fake blood) that has had all of the life drained out of it through overuse of digital filters, and you know that the plot is going to get bogged down by tonnes unnecessary character set up cause the screenwriter has a gun to his head and if he deviates from the three standard act structure some Hollywood big wig will splatter his brains across the room. :cuss: :headbang:

OK I think I better go and calm down a bit now.

vincenzo 20th January 2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 58571)
I 100% agree with you Rob. I'm sick to the back teeth of this new spate of remakes!

100% in agreement with you. :nod:

nekromantik 20th January 2010 10:37 PM

I do hate remakes but I must admit crazies did look interesting in the trailer :blush:..dont shoot me :lol:

But anyways, I actually liked Cloverfield but "Let Me In" sounds dreadful and I can imagine them using the "americanized" subtitles they had on the region 1 bluray/dvd as the bases for the script. They had a small interview with Reeves and he is saying it will be much darker and scarier then Twlight New moon. Now I hate twlight so much so yes even though its gonna be a shitty remake, it will be better then New Moon :lol:

This one guy on IMDB thought Let Me In is a "twlight rip off" as he had never heard of Let The Right One In. :rolleyes: So people are going to compare it to that unless they know of the original.

Sarah@Cult Labs 21st January 2010 07:30 AM

My favourite of 2009 was easily Dead Snow!

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st January 2010 07:44 AM

The thing I find the scariest about New Moon is that it was was ever made,that and Twilight.:lol:

pedromonkey 21st January 2010 11:17 AM

Twilight is a case of hey lets adapt a badly written book, cast a lot of hot young actors and make the main character an Emo, change all of vampire lore by making them sparkly in the sun, and have them look unbelievably pale. How this movie ever made money is beyond me.

Anyways my fave Horror of 2009 is a toss up between Dead Snow, Splinter or Pontypool, but i think Pontypool wins due to the sheer tension of that film.

nekromantik 21st January 2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 58655)
Twilight is a case of hey lets adapt a badly written book, cast a lot of hot young actors and make the main character an Emo, change all of vampire lore by making them sparkly in the sun, and have them look unbelievably pale. How this movie ever made money is beyond me.

So true :thumb:

Twlight is a abomination of a vampire movie, should just die but as long as teen gals go cinema movies like that will do very well. :rolleyes:

Philleh 21st January 2010 03:29 PM

Mine would be:

Coffin Rock
Saw VI (possibly the best after the original, although I'll need to re-watch it to see if i enjoy it more than part III)
Anti-christ
Thirst
Dead Girl

nekromantik 21st January 2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 58693)
Mine would be:

Saw VI (possibly the best after the original, although I'll need to re-watch it to see if i enjoy it more than part III)

:eek:
you serious

fair enough if ya are. each to their own :lol: