Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2000's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st January 2010, 04:44 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

It's not going to end this year, Toy Story 3 and Piranha are due out before Saw VII and they're 3D too! I'm sure there will be more too.
Old 21st January 2010, 04:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I am looking forward to Piranha 3D as its a Aja film.
Its mean to be quite bloody and fun so all for that but Saw in 3D is just taking it too far. What will they do...CGI blood gets shot at the audience...wow impressive.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 21st January 2010, 04:59 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

the teaser for Pirahna is on the interwebs right now, it's looking pretty decent. Regarding the 3D thing, which im not an advocate of, Dreamworks and Pixar will only be making 3D animated movies from now on and because of Avatar, Cameron will be making his films in digital 3D from now on. i think 3D is a gimick and as it has done in the past will wither and die for about 15-20 years and re-appear again. They tried it in the 50/60s with the William Castle Movies and again in the 80s. when will it stop. oh and Nekro, the live action Blood: Last vampire movie used only CGI blood and it looked stupid, unfortuantly they did throw it over the audiance.
Old 21st January 2010, 05:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
the teaser for Pirahna is on the interwebs right now, it's looking pretty decent. Regarding the 3D thing, which im not an advocate of, Dreamworks and Pixar will only be making 3D animated movies from now on and because of Avatar, Cameron will be making his films in digital 3D from now on. i think 3D is a gimick and as it has done in the past will wither and die for about 15-20 years and re-appear again. They tried it in the 50/60s with the William Castle Movies and again in the 80s. when will it stop. oh and Nekro, the live action Blood: Last vampire movie used only CGI blood and it looked stupid, unfortuantly they did throw it over the audiance.
I not seen Blood heard bad things so did not bother

Yeah I seen the trailer, it does look fun.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 24th January 2010, 01:06 PM
Active Cultist

I recently watched Martyrs for the second time, and it was a definite improvement. I was suprised that this time I was quite moved by the second half, and the overall experience was much more credible than I'd given it credit for. Far, far superior to Hostel or Saw 13, which are only superficially similar to this.

I might take another peek at L'interieur, which I first found a bit silly (CG baby cam!), but enjoyed its high gore quotient.
Old 24th January 2010, 03:33 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
Sony's using the same 3D tech for future PS3 games from mid 2010 and are encouraging other game companies to do the same. Capcom are remaking Resi 5 in the new 3D style so it might just stick around a while longer this time.
Old 7th February 2010, 08:45 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Sony's using the same 3D tech for future PS3 games from mid 2010 and are encouraging other game companies to do the same. Capcom are remaking Resi 5 in the new 3D style so it might just stick around a while longer this time.
Yeah I think 3D is here to stay, what with Panasonic (amongst others) releasing a line of 3D TVs soon and with the first 3D Blu-Ray player (Samsung seem to be leading the charge on this) hitting the shops.
Old 7th February 2010, 09:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I don't believe it is here to stay unless they can make it affordable to everyone. I for one will not be able to afford to upgrade my TV set or anything else that may be needed to view 3D. Hell, I've only just upgraded for digital. At this rate we will changing everything every few months!!!!!!!

It's all a rip off anyway! I just want to watch movies and I'll watch them any way I can without costing every penny I earn. I'm yet to go down the Blu-Ray route as I'm still not convinced that everything will go Blu, yet.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 7th February 2010, 09:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

3D TVs wont be cheap untill 2 years down the line maybe.
Currently the cheapest in the US is $2000 so expect it to cost around the same in pounds over here.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 9th February 2010, 09:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Zombieland
Let the Right One In
Drag me to Hell
Paranormal Activity
My Bloody Valentine 3D

Not seen Saw 6 yet, last couple were disappointing but will get round to watching it. Keen to see The House of the Devil as well.
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com

Like this? Share it using the links below!