Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2000's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th April 2010, 12:54 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Note: 28 Days Later and the sequel were no zombie films! But they had a similar potential - I fully agree!

To those who have stated their dislike to Day, maybe you should give it another chance, it is definitely a grower!

One thing I hope for Survival, but do not dare to watch it again at the moment, amybe after a marathon of all the really bad zombie films I collected over the years...
Old 7th April 2010, 02:57 PM
Cult Rookie

Default dairys which one

DAIRY O.T.D some like some hate i thought that for the mockumentory it was meant to be it was v.good but has anyone checked out an english release called the zombie diarys they both came out at around the same time and is like romero in style with a social commentary but i think got missed cause they wer both similer and at he end of the day your goimg to buy the romero arent you
Old 7th April 2010, 03:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I agree Rich , ,look at Tobe Hooper, he piked with TCM and apart from the, IMHO , equally good Death Trap, he's never made a film that comes close to to TCM again, and probably never will.
I think its the same with George , to many people expect every next film in the series to be equal to or better than Dawn , but thats never gonna happen. You can only make your best film once, though IMHO all the other films in the series have been exceptionably good, with only Surival being bad.
My favourite Hooper film (OK miniseries if we get technical) has always been Salem's Lot I like TCM but Salem's Lot has the atmosphere of a 70s Hammer film so it wins in my opinion.

As for the dead films:

I would rank them from great to crap in chronological order With the Savini Night remake up near the top.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 7th April 2010, 06:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

This movie seems to be the Marmite of zombie flicks. After reading some bad reviews I was wary after the rather poor (IMO) Diary of the Dead, and was pleasantly surprised. Not as good as Land, but definitely a Romero movie.
Old 7th April 2010, 11:26 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I actually preferred Day remake to SOTD, but that's probably due to Mena Suvari in uniform ....lol
Old 8th April 2010, 07:19 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt harry View Post
DAIRY O.T.D some like some hate i thought that for the mockumentory it was meant to be it was v.good but has anyone checked out an english release called the zombie diarys they both came out at around the same time and is like romero in style with a social commentary but i think got missed cause they wer both similer and at he end of the day your goimg to buy the romero arent you
I've got Zombie Diaries, I thought it was a great little low budget film. Was a lot better than I expected it to be and to be honest I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than Diary or Survival.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 9th April 2010, 07:06 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Judging from my Muswell Hill branch they're doing a roaring trade - lots of renters and they've really expanded the DVDs and BDs they stock to buy - I've actually enjoyed browsing and buying BDs in there for good prices too.
I remember when i lived in the UK i used to get a few drinks on the go with mates and walk home a little worse for the wear. I would pop in to the Blockbuster near my flat and spend a mini-fortune on cheap ex rentals (mainly horror).
Old 6th May 2010, 10:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Still to watch this after buying it on day of release. Cant be any worse than diary.Just couldnt get on with that at all.
Old 10th May 2010, 11:04 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

A big improvement on Diary TD.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 15th June 2010, 12:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I actually preferred Day remake to SOTD, but that's probably due to Mena Suvari in uniform ....lol
That's probably the funniest post I've read on any forum, lately.

No, only kidding. Despite the DOTD being a mad shallow mess, there's some entertaining stuff in it but it's not a patch on the Dawn reversion which I thought was class because there's no way you can compare it to the original Dawn; it's a totally different style of movie.

Survival didn't disappoint because I wasn't expecting much. GAR showed a couple of moments of genius; one of tension and one of comedy. I'm talking about the walk across the river, with the zombies at the swimmers heels and the fisherman on the roof. Both scenes showed what GAR is capable of but doesn't appear to capitalise on.

Inevitably, the three Uncle Georges have disappointed me;

Uncle George Miller or making Mad Mx Beyond Thunderdome after the superb Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior.
Uncle George Lucas for forgetting how to delegate with the Star Wars prequels, thus making at least two of the worst big budget movies I've seen.
Uncle George A Romero for not making more diverse movies. Get away from the zombie genre again, George.

Like this? Share it using the links below!