Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2000's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th March 2010, 10:28 AM
Cultist

Location: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Skullsdirect/120011381348699
Default Survival

Yes, it looks like Optimum have had any confidence in the film knocked out them fast and hard by negative word of mouth and internet rumour. They have slapped together a bare bones disc and sneaked it onto the shelves fast and quiet. Surprising that they even bothered with a blu ray pressing! I suspect the US R1 disc WILL have commentary, trailers and assorted extras. In the UK this has been treated with the same disinterest usually reserved for a Steven Seagal title. A great pity it couldn't have been picked up by Shameless!

Last edited by napalm-in-the-morning; 17th March 2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 17th March 2010, 10:34 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Yeah, this release is indeed shoddy! Which is a shame as they showed a whole lot of love for their Diary release (theatrically and on DVD) but I guess they just wanted it out there – has it had a release anywhere else? Maybe they’ll sell off the rights and Arrow and pick it up? Ha. I do like the vintage art design on the cover though! But Rick would make more of it I’m sure!
Old 17th March 2010, 11:17 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombsy666 View Post
Watched this last night, didn't go into it thinking it was going to be another Night or Dawn cause that isn't going to happen, however i thought it was an entertaining 90 mins and its good to see the shuffling slow moving undead again, i liked the concept of the story and yes it did suffer from budget restrictions and poorly constructured cgi effects which i'm not a fan of at all in any film, these aside i will say that even though its not classic Romero i tip my hat to him for maintaining and somewhat re-inventing his take on the zombie genre and hope he continues to make more and hire Tom Savini to take on the effects... now that would be a return to form
George and Tom are teaming up this year to create the remake of Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things. Now that I can't wait for

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 17th March 2010, 01:31 PM
Cultist

Thats excellent news, Children shouldn't play with dead things is a fave of mine and if Romero & Savini are scripting a remake of this low budget shocker then it should be a good step forward for both of them, then who knows maybe a collaboration of sorts to get them both back filming another chapter in the DEAD series last ended with DAY OF THE DEAD, i don't include LAND OF THE DEAD as a major part of the living dead series as this was too high class in terms of the production and presentation (still a great film though) I think it's time we got back to the days of some good old school zombie splatter that doesn't rely on cgi and Romero & Savini are the best example
Old 17th March 2010, 07:14 PM
Cultist in Training

Just finished watching survval and i thought it was a good film. theres a nice little story in there simple but at least it has a plot to drive it forward, some nice gore scenes throughout the movie and i think i enjoyed it more than land of the dead.
Old 17th March 2010, 07:34 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I picked up this in ASDA today on Blu Ray today...might give it a whirl later....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 17th March 2010, 08:02 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

I seriously can't bring myself to watch this. Not in the same year that the Day of the Dead Blu-ray comes out!

And to think people once said that was the worst zombie film Romero had done....
Old 17th March 2010, 08:04 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

You already seen it Sarah?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 17th March 2010, 08:08 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Survival or the Day Blu-ray?

Actually, it doesn't matter as I've seen neither. Know I shouldn't be judgemental about something I haven't watched but having seen clips of Survival I just can't bring myself to do it.

Can't wait for the Day Blu-ray as it's my favourite one and I know it's going to look amazing which is why Survival coming out around the same time just upsets me...
Old 17th March 2010, 11:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I watched this tonight, had some cool moments and the gore was fun but overall not a very good movie. Its better then Diary and Land in the first hour but then gets boring.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr

Like this? Share it using the links below!