Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2000's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd February 2010, 08:51 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Default Survival of the Dead (2009)

Is out on DVD/Blu March 15th - It's arrived quicket than I thought it would, thanks Optimum!

A group of rogue soldiers seek shelter from the zombie apocalypse on scenic Plum Island, only to become caught up in a bitter feud between two warring families. Crocket (Alan Van Sprang) and his motley crew of military abandoners are searching for a safe place to rest when they cross paths with Patrick O'Flynn (Kenneth Welsh). O'Flynn has been banished from Plum Island, where his family is locked in a long-time quarrel with the Muldoons. The O'Flynns see the flesh-eaters as subhuman, never hesitating to put a bullet between their eyes; the Muldoons balk at the prospect of killing their gut-munching loved ones, instead opting to care for their rotting kinfolk until scientists find a cure for the undead scourge. As the division between the two families grows deeper and wider, Crocket and his men realize that on Plum Island, the zombies are the least of their worries.
Old 3rd February 2010, 10:15 AM
Cultist in Training

Looking forward to seeing this!
That plot synopsis makes it sound a bit like a western...
Old 3rd February 2010, 10:26 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Not sure on this one, the storyline sounds pretty poor imo , but then I did'nt like Dairy at first on dvd , but my missus got me it on BluRay and I ended up enjoying it after a 2nd veiwing , so i'll not rule SOTD out without at least 2 veiwings.
Land of the Dead's still my favourite though.

I saw a trailer for a zombie film set in Africa called The Dead thats due out just after Survival and im looking forward to this more than Romero's film , very old skool, much like a cross of ZFE & ZCF.
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:23 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I'm not so sure about this yet. the trailer makes it look as crap as Diary of the Dead but I could be wrong. I pre-ordered this the same time as Day of the Dead Blu-Ray.

Will definitely be checking out The Dead then, sounds good

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 3rd February 2010, 01:27 PM
Active Cultist

I like both Land and Diary. Not a patch on the 'proper trilogy' admittedly (what is?), but still thoroughly enjoyable. I'll check this out.
Old 3rd February 2010, 09:18 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Let's hope it's better than Diary,the weakest installment yet IMO.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 4th February 2010, 12:00 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

the trailer for SurvivalOTD was a workprint trailer and did not represent what the film would be like, i have and never will give upon romero, the guy is 70 years old and still making zombie films, a genre he created. Survival looks pretty cool if you ask me, according to Romero, is about Tribalism, hence the waring familys.
Old 4th February 2010, 08:13 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
I'm not so sure about this yet. the trailer makes it look as crap as Diary of the Dead but I could be wrong. I pre-ordered this the same time as Day of the Dead Blu-Ray.

Will definitely be checking out The Dead then, sounds good
I take it back, I take it all back. Just saw the main trailer and it looks awesome. Some of the death scenes look fantastic and I can't wait to see the whole thing now.
I've read some reviews from America and they haven't been bad either. I think George may well have redeemed himself here.
I love the face popping scene from when the soldier starts spraying something in the zombies mouth. Awesome stuff!!

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 4th February 2010, 05:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Let's hope it's better than Diary,the weakest installment yet IMO.
I thought it was much, much worse. Be interested to hear your feedback.
Old 4th February 2010, 07:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen the whole film. I'm keeping expectations low.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!

Like this? Share it using the links below!