Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2000's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=555)
-   -   Survival of the Dead (2009) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2000s/2322-survival-dead-2009-a.html)

Philleh 3rd February 2010 07:51 AM

Survival of the Dead (2009)

Is out on DVD/Blu March 15th - It's arrived quicket than I thought it would, thanks Optimum! :thumb:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...KL._SS500_.jpg

A group of rogue soldiers seek shelter from the zombie apocalypse on scenic Plum Island, only to become caught up in a bitter feud between two warring families. Crocket (Alan Van Sprang) and his motley crew of military abandoners are searching for a safe place to rest when they cross paths with Patrick O'Flynn (Kenneth Welsh). O'Flynn has been banished from Plum Island, where his family is locked in a long-time quarrel with the Muldoons. The O'Flynns see the flesh-eaters as subhuman, never hesitating to put a bullet between their eyes; the Muldoons balk at the prospect of killing their gut-munching loved ones, instead opting to care for their rotting kinfolk until scientists find a cure for the undead scourge. As the division between the two families grows deeper and wider, Crocket and his men realize that on Plum Island, the zombies are the least of their worries.

Pigasus 3rd February 2010 09:15 AM

Looking forward to seeing this!
That plot synopsis makes it sound a bit like a western...

vipco 3rd February 2010 09:26 AM

Not sure on this one, the storyline sounds pretty poor imo , but then I did'nt like Dairy at first on dvd , but my missus got me it on BluRay and I ended up enjoying it after a 2nd veiwing , so i'll not rule SOTD out without at least 2 veiwings.
Land of the Dead's still my favourite though.

I saw a trailer for a zombie film set in Africa called The Dead thats due out just after Survival and im looking forward to this more than Romero's film , very old skool, much like a cross of ZFE & ZCF.

antmumford 3rd February 2010 10:23 AM

I'm not so sure about this yet. the trailer makes it look as crap as Diary of the Dead but I could be wrong. I pre-ordered this the same time as Day of the Dead Blu-Ray.

Will definitely be checking out The Dead then, sounds good :)

Rob Strange 3rd February 2010 12:27 PM

I like both Land and Diary. Not a patch on the 'proper trilogy' admittedly (what is?), but still thoroughly enjoyable. I'll check this out.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd February 2010 08:18 PM

Let's hope it's better than Diary,the weakest installment yet IMO.:nod:

pedromonkey 3rd February 2010 11:00 PM

the trailer for SurvivalOTD was a workprint trailer and did not represent what the film would be like, i have and never will give upon romero, the guy is 70 years old and still making zombie films, a genre he created. Survival looks pretty cool if you ask me, according to Romero, is about Tribalism, hence the waring familys.

antmumford 4th February 2010 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 61275)
I'm not so sure about this yet. the trailer makes it look as crap as Diary of the Dead but I could be wrong. I pre-ordered this the same time as Day of the Dead Blu-Ray.

Will definitely be checking out The Dead then, sounds good :)

I take it back, I take it all back. Just saw the main trailer and it looks awesome. Some of the death scenes look fantastic and I can't wait to see the whole thing now.
I've read some reviews from America and they haven't been bad either. I think George may well have redeemed himself here.
I love the face popping scene from when the soldier starts spraying something in the zombies mouth. Awesome stuff!! :ack:

Calum 4th February 2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 61392)
Let's hope it's better than Diary,the weakest installment yet IMO.:nod:

I thought it was much, much worse. Be interested to hear your feedback.

DeadAlive 4th February 2010 06:29 PM

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen the whole film. I'm keeping expectations low. ;)