Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2000's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=555)
-   -   Let the Right One In (2008) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2000s/2875-let-right-one-2008-a.html)

mercury 19th May 2010 07:56 PM

Let the Right One In (2008)

Does anyone own this film on bluray? Could you tell me if it comes with a slipcase like the dvd version has?

Thanks

nekromantik 19th May 2010 10:50 PM

Yeah it does.
At least my one did. Sometimes slipcases are fased out once a title gets older.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th May 2010 09:42 PM

Mine came with a slipcase and that BD should now be safe to buy after the initial screw up. I would guess that Momentum are only standing out the proper discs after the initial run worth the disc for only encoded with the standard def DTS track, rather than a DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack that is on the new discs. When I bought mine it had the 'old' disc but there was a way of exchanging them so no, not only does the film look great, but it also sounds fantastic as well.

For me, it was the best film of 2009.

nekromantik 20th May 2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu (Post 80352)
Mine came with a slipcase and that BD should now be safe to buy after the initial screw up. I would guess that Momentum are only standing out the proper discs after the initial run worth the disc for only encoded with the standard def DTS track, rather than a DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack that is on the new discs. When I bought mine it had the 'old' disc but there was a way of exchanging them so no, not only does the film look great, but it also sounds fantastic as well.

For me, it was the best film of 2009.

:nod:

true

Gojirosan 21st May 2010 10:49 AM

Mine (bought a week or two ago) was just a regular BD package - blue case in cellophane.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st May 2010 03:14 PM

Either they have stopped making slipcases or it is purely down to the retailer, as with the Disney BDs -- some of these are supplied with slipcases and some aren't, I don't know why.

mercury 22nd May 2010 12:24 PM

Well I was in HMV and the only have it without a slipcase, so dose the dvd which they used to sell with a slpicase. Anyway I will order from Amazon. If there is no slipcase, then it is my fault for avoiding this film for so long:doh:

JamesN 5th June 2016 06:24 PM

Such a beautiful film. I would even go as far as calling it *perfect*, if not for some wonky CGI during the "cat attack" scene.

I love LET THE RIGHT ONE IN more than words could ever say. It's my favorite film of the last decade, hands down. Hell, I even love the remake (just not as much).

Would love to see the stage adaptation -- that was in London, I believe?

Susan Foreman 5th June 2016 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesN (Post 492792)
Such a beautiful film. I would even go as far as calling it *perfect*, if not for some wonky CGI during the "cat attack" scene.

I love LET THE RIGHT ONE IN more than words could ever say. It's my favorite film of the last decade, hands down. Hell, I even love the remake (just not as much).

Would love to see the stage adaptation -- that was in London, I believe?

Yes. It was at the Apollo Theatre in 2014