Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2000's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th July 2010, 08:15 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Scrapbook (2000)

hi all,does anybody own or has seen eric stanzes scrapbook?
if so what are your thoughts?
personally i thought it wernt bad,but some effects looked cheap.but overall i enjoyed it!
the subject matter is nasty but does it deserve to be labelled a nasty?
Old 15th July 2010, 08:51 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Hello Dis, I really enjoyed "Scrapbook". I liked the idea of the victims having to record things in the scrapbook and thought the inability of the killer to, er, perform, then use the bottle on the victim both nasty and the stand out scene of the film.

Have you seen Stanze's more experimental film, "Ice From the Sun"? At times it's pure art amongst all the weirdness that is hurled at the screen.
Old 16th July 2010, 01:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

think so! is this the one where a woman gets dragged along the road by a truck and then gets salt poured over her?
if so then yes,but i prefered scrapbook! yeah the bottle scene is a nasty one,especially as you see quite alot of blood dripping/pouring out and also it isnt a quick flash of a scene it is quite long. shame he died[ eric stanze],could have been a few more nasties too look out for!
i believe there was a u.k version of scrapbook,but a massive 17mins was cut!!!!!!!
Old 16th July 2010, 10:26 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis View Post
think so! is this the one where a woman gets dragged along the road by a truck and then gets salt poured over her? shame he died[ eric stanze],could have been a few more nasties too look out for!
i believe there was a u.k version of scrapbook,but a massive 17mins was cut!!!!!!!
Yep, that's the one. When and how did Stanze die?
Old 17th July 2010, 11:50 AM
Seasoned Cultist

not sure,i will look into it.
Old 17th July 2010, 11:55 AM
Seasoned Cultist

so,so,sorry to everyone on here! i have made a big mistake over scrapbook and eric stanze!
it was in fact tommy biondo that died,shortly after scrapbook!
i am very sorry i posted what i did.
if i am no longer welcome i will understand!
sorry once again.
Old 17th July 2010, 04:06 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Don't be silly dis, as others have said in the shoutbox, we all make mistakes sometimes. If everyone thought they weren't welcome for posting someting that was wrong, a lot of us would have to go, including myself. It's cool.
Old 4th August 2010, 05:25 PM
Cultist

I've seen Scrapbook, the full version of it, and I can't really say I "enjoyed" it as such, but none the less it is very well made. The rape scenes in it were very realistic and disturbing, particulary the scene at the start of it. It's pretty extreme, and intense stuff. I'm very surprised this actually didn't get rejected instead of being cut, I imagine there's not much left in the UK version.

But yeah, overall it's not a bad movie, definitely only for the hardcore horror fans.
Old 4th August 2010, 07:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yes I always wonder what's left of Scrapbook after the 15m of cuts, sounds like they must have removed pretty much everything, at least all the abuse directed at the female victim anyway. I remember the violence in the last (revenge) scene being quite strong, although I haven't seen it for years. I'm always tempted to have a look at the cut version though to see what is left. The film must have come very close to rejection though but there must be something left for them to have passed it.

In the case of Nutbag, they removed every scene of violence apart from just one sequence in the living room showing a couple being tortured/killed. But this scene did warrant an 18. If they had had a problem with this scene then it would have been a rejection for sure.
Old 4th August 2010, 07:33 PM
Seasoned Cultist

not sure,but think i read the cut version of scrapbook had 17mins removed!

Like this? Share it using the links below!