Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2000's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th September 2010, 01:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnduhast View Post
SplatterDragon 73: Please post your impressions of the US BD as thats why I too never got the Optimum BD - just laziness not putting on "already on the shelf" extra's.
Can you possibly wait until i actually buy a BR player first?

I'm only stocking up on HD releases at the mo but i believe the U.S. HT BR is indeed unrated and includes the same extras as it's DVD counterpart.

Definitely the more attractive option as opposed to Optimum's bare bones travesty of an HD edition.
Old 24th October 2010, 10:54 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

My U.S. HT BR arrived recently and i'm pleased to report this release is apparently region free judging by the sleeve's technical info.
Both French and English language versions are on the disc and two audio commentaries are included. One yap track running the film's length and the other scene-specific. If i'm not mistaken there's also two featurettes and this HD edition pretty much replicates the R1 DVD in terms of bonus material. Definitely an infinitely better proposition than Optimum's wasted opportunity of a U.K. release.
Old 24th October 2010, 01:46 PM
Cultist in Training

Default Why is this movie even discussed about in forums?

Yes, i bought it on BD after reading about it in forums. I guess i was in the wrong kind at the time. I can see this as an episode from a gory twilight zone like show, but it is not even a B-movie, when a movie like Tenebre is considered one. Lazy writing during the first 20 minutes with the two protagonists spouting back highlights from the other's past, then, non-existent writing without even half a motive or explanation for the violent scenes?!?! I guess such details are irrelevant in movies.
Old 24th October 2010, 02:34 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
. Lazy writing during the first 20 minutes with the two protagonists spouting back highlights from the other's past, then, non-existent writing without even half a motive or explanation for the violent scenes?!?! I guess such details are irrelevant in movies.
Not even worth commenting on ,

What is that thing that lives under the Bridge and eats Billy Goats?

thexperiment podcasts

Like this? Share it using the links below!