Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2000's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=555)
-   -   Haute Tension (2003) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2000s/3378-haute-tension-2003-a.html)

dis 4th August 2010 05:19 PM

Haute Tension (2003)

hi guys,how good is haute tension!
i think this film is fantastic!
some great killings and great effects! once saw this for sale in asda under the switchblade romance title!
any body know how much was cut?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th August 2010 05:24 PM

Probably my favourite from the French horror new wave I really like Haute Tension too dis.

As far as I am aware this has been released 100% uncut on DVD in the UK.

the blob 4th August 2010 05:58 PM

I do like it a lot and it's very unnerving in parts. Great gore too. My only slight criticism with it is towards the end. Without wanting to give too much away to anyone who hasn't seen it, parts of the chase left me a little like I was a watching a violent Benny Hill show. :laugh:

dis 4th August 2010 05:59 PM

yep,great french flick!
my version is foreign,think the writeing on front and back cover is thai,there is also a a small logo on the front cover which also reads " thai ".
therfore i imagine its a thailand version?
e bay goodie which i only got has it got 10/10 on castlegore review site.glad i did!:rockon:

BioZombie 4th August 2010 07:31 PM

I really like Haute Tension too (nice to see no one is going with the awful Switchblade Romance title). It's one of the most atmospheric slashers I've seen, it scared me and I havent been scared by a film for a while. I have the BD it looks and sounds really nice but is lacking in any extras.

Its a shame Alexandre Aja is stuck in hollywood remake hell.

Splatterdragon73 5th August 2010 12:22 PM

Imo Franch is leading the way when it comes to bringing old school splatter back to our screens. What with not only HT but also Frontiers, Martyrs and Inside. No studio sanitised PG-13 garbage here, thank God!

I have Optimum's worthy DVD of HT but steered clear of the BR release due to the lack of extras. Absolutely no reason why the SD bonus material couldn't have been included on the HD edition imo. A pure rip-off!

I also own the unrated R1 HT DVD but have yet to watch this version. Some nice extras on this release and a good cover too.

Keep the gore comin' our Gallic friends!:)

mbv 9th August 2010 07:23 AM

The stairs decapitation is one of my favourite kills of modern times...absolute genius!
Love the tension of this all the way through although the ending doesn't make any sense at all when you think of it and is one of those WTF moments. Doesn't detract from the entertainment value of this though.

The French really are turning out some quality horror at the moment. Martyrs is the only one that left me dissapointed although that was due to it being over hyped by the media with reports of mass hysteria at screenings so my expectations were high!
Whereas Inside disturbed the hell out of me

dis 12th August 2010 06:54 PM

yep,great film!
not seen inside BUT it is on the cards for a purchase!

Make Them Die Slowly 12th August 2010 07:13 PM

I'm still not convinced by the new wave of French horror. None of the films mentioned above except "Martyrs" have done much for me to be honest.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 12th August 2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 96801)
I'm still not convinced by the new wave of French horror. None of the films mentioned above except "Martyrs" have done much for me to be honest.

Martyrs was great, although it did lose some of it's charm for me on repeat viewing. Inside was okay, but I didn't think much of Frontiers at all.