Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2000's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=555)
-   -   Antichrist (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2000s/4173-antichrist.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 12th December 2010 11:24 AM

Antichrist

The Cult Arts section has been quiet for a little while now, so let's spark some life into it and get the blood flowing.

What better way to kick it all of with one of the most audience-splitting films of recent times alongside A Serbian Film ;Trier's Antrichrist (2009).

So are you a fan? Think its beautiful and thought provoking? Or do you hate it - despise it? 'You call this art?!'

What side of the fence do you sit?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 12th December 2010 05:43 PM

Loved it myself.

I'm a huge Von Trier fan, and Antichrist is definitely one of his best.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th December 2010 06:03 PM

Still haven't watched it Kyle-It's still sitting on the Blu Ray TO WATCH pile....:rolleyes:

So I'll vote once I've had a gander....

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 12th December 2010 06:06 PM

It'll be interesting to hear what you have to say about it, Reaps. I'm sure it'll look incredible on Blu-Ray

Ah we've got a fan then, in the form of BE. 1-0. :laugh:

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th December 2010 06:32 PM

:lol: This reminds me of something Emily Booth posted on Twitter a few days ago. She had just watched the film and was rather taken aback and found it all rather dubious....the size of Willem Dafoe's manhood. :eek:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th December 2010 06:39 PM

But he's the purple,sorry Green Goblin! :lol:

Pete 12th December 2010 06:40 PM

Had the dvd since it came out but haven't watched it.

pedromonkey 12th December 2010 11:04 PM

an absolutely shocking excuse for a film that tries too hard to shock and is dull and boring with two characters that i really couldn't give to shits about, it's pretentious arty bull crap that should never have had money put into it, was i offended? yes because i wasted 90 minutes on the piece of turd. **** Lars Von Trier the pretentious, egotistical prick...

no I didn't like it....

antmumford 13th December 2010 04:31 PM

For me Antichrist was just amazing. I loved the direction, the acting, the story, the cinematography, the list goes on. It was just so beautiful whilst being so tragic and disturbing at the same time. Not many directors can pull off such a dramatic film of 2 halves without it becoming a mess.
This was a blind buy on Blu-ray and I didn't regret it whatsoever. In fact now you've mentioned it I'm going to have to watch it again once my PS3 is fixed.

Gojirosan 13th December 2010 04:50 PM

It was OK. Great performances and it looked good, but it wasn't as powerful and thought-provoking as it thought it was.

It was...OK.