Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2000's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th June 2008, 07:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

"Dard Divorce" is said to be Olaf Ittenbach's most violent movie to date- which is quite a statement considering the gory delights of the likes of "The Burning Moon"; "Beyond the Limits" etc.

It had already a rough time with the German ratings board, loosing 5 minutes for the rental and 14 (!) minutes for the sellthrough version.

German fans wait for the announced uncut limited 2 disc edition due at the end of July- as usual- via Austria.

German and English audio are listed for the German discs, so I'm quite curious myself which audio will be used for the UK release...and since I suspect it'll be much cheaper than the Austrian release- may be even better qualitywise- I'm interested to learn more about the potential cut/uncut status of the UK DVD.

"Borderland" has been out in Germany for a few months now- also in two versions.
It's indeed said to be quite watchable.

Neither of those two is likely to come out in Scandinavia any time soon though....so more infos on the UK releases is also appreciated in my neck of the woods.
Old 18th June 2008, 06:14 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

"14m of cuts"

They sound worse than the BBFC used to be in the 80's.

The BBFC did pass Beyond the Limits (said to be extremely violent) uncut in 2005 but they have never seen The Burning Moon, which no doubt would have been heavily cut or banned in the 90's.

Yes unfortunately (as mentioned) the release date for DIVORCE over here has been put back so we'll have to wait longer to find out what the BBFC's decison will be.
Old 18th June 2008, 11:05 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

14 mins is what it takes to keep it off the "index of restricted movies" for sure, which most distributors have to take into account IF they want to sell their movies outside "adult's only" videostores, let alone not loosing the opportunity to keep on advertising them legally "in public". The "cut-by-5-mins" rental version will most likely end up on the ever popular "index of restricted movies" before following "The Burning Moon" and "Riverplay" on the "banned list". Theoretically, even the sellthough version could still be banned. it's only safe from the "index" The German censors have a special liking for Olaf Ittenbach.

Last edited by Peter Neal; 18th June 2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 24th September 2008, 06:25 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

According to PLAY it apears the release date has been put back again. It was originally schedulled for a June release, this was then put back until October. Methinks it may be having problems with the BBFC.
Old 24th September 2008, 06:45 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I wouldn't be too surprised, though I wouldn't expect a scissor-fest of the same proportions as in Germany.
There's a bit of "sexualised violence" here and there and the female lead character gets beaten up pretty badly....so I'd assume some minor trimming might be needed to meet the BBFC's politics.
Old 3rd October 2008, 02:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

PLAY now have it back as being released on 6th October, don't know what happened before. Wouldn't mind buying it if it is out next monday, only problem is I still don't know if it will be uncut. Will check the packaging and see if it mentions anything. Will also make a note of the running time.
Old 4th October 2008, 05:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I'm very curious about the UK release, so I'll be looking forward to the update.
Old 13th October 2008, 11:50 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Neal View Post
I'm very curious about the UK release, so I'll be looking forward to the update.
On the BBFC website today apparently passed uncut.:-
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classi...B?OpenDocument
Old 13th October 2008, 04:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Wow! I'm impressed!

Should be a "must buy" on every gorehound's chopping list.
Old 15th October 2008, 08:03 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

By the way, Peter, the BBFC have also passed SEED uncut.

Like this? Share it using the links below!