Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2000's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st July 2008, 05:47 PM
Cultist

[QUOTE=mark meakin;10350]Not the Hollywood norm for sure !.I thought it was fine myself not wanting to give anything away for people who have yet to watch it.QUOTE]

I also liked the ending, a real thought provoker.

I spoke to a friend who has also seen it and he was very disappointed as he found the religious aspects too in your face. I disagreed as I found those elements really exciting and he also disliked that there wasn't enough of the creatures. This is something I also disagreed with as I think there is just the right amount not to turn it into something over the top.

I really can't wait to see it again.
Old 21st July 2008, 05:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I hope the Momentum UK dvd release will be a 2-discer containing the B & W version.
Old 21st July 2008, 06:11 PM
Cultist

That would be a real treat. I think the US extras are excellent so I'm hoping we get the same treatment here.

Question: Does anyone know why some UK releases do not get the same extras some of the US releases get? Is it simply a financial reason?
Old 21st July 2008, 06:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I don't think it's always as simple as that.Rights issues may also be a problem in certain countries where a film is released.Films sometimes have different distributors in europe.
Old 22nd July 2008, 08:50 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
I disagreed as I found those elements really exciting and he also disliked that there wasn't enough of the creatures. This is something I also disagreed with as I think there is just the right amount not to turn it into something over the top.
Sounds pretty true to the original story in that case.

"I'm saving your soul you ungrateful bitch!"
Night of the Demon
Old 22nd July 2008, 09:07 PM
Active Cultist

I am a big fan of this film. A Definately underrated film which deserved to do a lot better than it did, both here and in the US.

for me there were a number of parellels to "The Thing" the claustrophobic atmosphere for one, the brave climax to the film, though it isn't so much ambigious here as in "The Thing" and like that classic film I believe "The Mist" will find it's audience over the years. Let's hope so anyway.
Old 6th August 2008, 07:36 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Oops Just started a Mist flick thread elsewhere and found this one

Will just nip off and delete it!!

Great Film BTW

Last edited by bedorca; 6th August 2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 7th August 2008, 08:45 PM
Cultist

This film is still with me, it's really made an impact and I cannot wait to see it again.

It works so well for me because it isn't over long, over gory, over acted or anything else that is pre-fixed by the word over.

I like the exploration of the characters and think the casting is perfect.

I love this film.
Old 26th August 2008, 05:44 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Gonna watch this tonight....sounds good!
Old 29th August 2008, 11:21 AM
Cultist

I saw this a couple of months ago and have the blu-ray in the post It's a great movie but the only thing I didn't like was the way the ending had been hyped up. I'd have enjoyed it a lot more had it come as a shock. It just came as a "was that it?" to me as I had been expecting a lot more, a real twist. Anyway I'm looking forward to watching it again with that in mind -I have no reason to feel let down this time.

Like this? Share it using the links below!