Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2000's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st January 2012, 09:59 PM
Active Cultist

Default Haunting of Winchester House (2009) - 3D Ghost Story

From that perpetual source of movie goodness, 'The Asylum', Haunting of Winchester House is marketed as a shock a minute "terrifying true story". Not quite, it is actually a very old-school haunted house horror that although completely unoriginal, is quite enjoyable and does build some good atmosphere.

The UK DVD includes the 3D version as well, presented (looks to be post-converted) in the wonderfully old fashioned red/green 3D format which means wearing the silly little cardboard glasses that come in the case and watching the whole film in a shade of green.

Hardly recommendable, but if you can find it cheap enough, it is fair entertainment. I have just uploaded a full review of Haunting of Winchester House along with another Asylum 'classic' 100 Million BC, both from Sainsburys oddly enough.
Old 1st February 2012, 12:59 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Asylum moves look terrible!
So il pass me thinks

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 1st February 2012, 08:37 AM
Ex-Member

I hated this film. Turned it of half way through. There's low budget and then there's low budget cash in's like Snakes on a train and that transformers rip off I can't recall the name of. This is up there with them.

Like this? Share it using the links below!