Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2000's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th October 2008, 10:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I've got that boxset with the 3-D Billy head aswell. I was really disappointed they didn't put the Director's Cut's in, seems like a bit of a scam really. Buy the boxset with all the films but you've still gotta buy the individual releases for the complete versions Not to worry I suppose, no doubt there'll be another one along when Saw V comes out on DVD, and then another for Saw VI
Old 17th October 2008, 06:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

They can bring out SAW XX for all I care, provided they keep as consistent as they have been. After SAW III I was convinced part IV would fail because I couldn't see where they could have taken it, but amazingly they wrote another good sequel. SAW V stands an even better chance imo, because it's a new beginning and actually this should be their best sequel because there is so much material they can use, so many places they can take it. I heard that Leigh Whannell and James Wan were gonna quit after SAW III (I think they said it in their commentary) but were talked into staying on board for the next one, I dunno if they're working on this and the next though but if they are it'll be good news indeed. I think the key to the series' success has been keeping a winning team together, it's also a breath of fresh air and two unknowns (Wan and Darren Lynn Bousman were gambled on and worked). BUT with Bousman not directing this one that's gotta be looked at as a gamble, and I hope it pays off because he was doing an excellent job.
Old 18th October 2008, 06:34 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

I watched Saw III: Extreme Edition last night and really enjoyed it. I was wondering what's the main difference between the Extreme Edition and the Director's Cut? Is it just more gore in the Director's Cut?
Old 18th October 2008, 10:50 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

That has the deleted scenes included in the Director's Cut. The fight scene between the two females was the biggest difference between the two cuts. They were crafty though because they made the Director's Cut a two discer with the second disc practically wasted with a pointless quiz, a lacklustre make-up featurette and text interviews etc. The good special features were used on the Extreme Edition DVD.
Old 18th October 2008, 06:50 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Only got as far as part 3 so far,need to do some catching up....the original SAW was one of the most refreshing horror's of recent years.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th October 2008, 03:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

You ought to check out part IV reaps, the DVD is dirt cheap now (£4.99 on Play.com) so it's in your price range . I missed the last one at the cinema so I'm determined to watch the new one there. Problem is finding a babysitter to babysit for free, that's never easy.

I've kind of fallen behind with modern horror, apart from THEM and SAW IV, I'm struggling to think of one modern one I've seen since returning to England. I guess all that time without the old classics has taken me on a '70s and '80s classic horror kick.

Oh and I agree with you about SAW. In 20 years from now genre fans will be hailing it as a classic. I'm convinced of that.

Last edited by cloud; 19th October 2008 at 10:20 PM.
Old 19th October 2008, 03:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Problem is finding a babysitter to babysit for free, that's never easy.
You call Reaper tight !
Old 19th October 2008, 06:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

He is tight!
Old 19th October 2008, 10:17 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Hoi,I'm the Jim'll fix it of the dvd trade worldGenerous to a fault.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 20th October 2008, 08:02 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Saw v this saturday morning,makes a change from the usual stuff i have to go watch with the kids on saturday. Dunno what to expect from this sequel,but im going in open minded!

Like this? Share it using the links below!