Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2000's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd November 2008, 05:49 PM
Cultist

I saw this a couple of weekends ago and to be quite honest wasn't all that impressed.

Easily the weakest of the series, I thought they were going to explore some of the loose ends left over fron the previous films. Instead these were quickly tidied up and an entirely new plot started to unfold.

Obviously I don;t want to say too much as I'm sure plenty of people haven't seen this one yet, but whilst it passed 90mins quite well I found it to be entirely predictable and was in many ways reminiscent of Saw 2.

Not sure if I'm going to bother seeing part 6 when it comes out next year as we seem to be treading over the same old ground.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Realm-...43030832454357
Old 3rd November 2008, 05:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
and was in many ways reminiscent of Saw 2.
Hey there's nowt wrong with that. SAW II rocks and is HIGHLY underrated on forums I feel. The big similarity this and SAW II had in common was the group game of survival, I wish it was more like II though so they'd have brought Eric Matthews back.
Old 3rd November 2008, 06:28 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Hey there's nowt wrong with that. SAW II rocks and is HIGHLY underrated on forums I feel. The big similarity this and SAW II had in common was the group game of survival, I wish it was more like II though so they'd have brought Eric Matthews back.
Saw 2 on its own was fine, but rehashing it, tweaking a few bits here and there, and calling it part 5 isn't.

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was OK. It's just not a patch on the other films in the series, which I feel peaked with part 3.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Realm-...43030832454357
Old 3rd November 2008, 09:55 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Hey, I've just come back from seeing SAW V......... AGAIN! :P - It is a truly brilliant film and the second viewing was a lot better, I felt, than the first. WAHEY! Bring on Saw VI!
Old 4th November 2008, 04:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

The problem with "Saw II" is that they obviously still weren't quite sure what to do with the series. It's no coincidence that "II"- Matthews apart- features the most typical "slasher flick cast", with all those young and pretty types. "III" luckily corrected that and Bousman found his own style.
But I agree as far as Matthews, his scenes with Jigsaw and the twist at the end are concerned.
Old 7th November 2008, 07:37 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

I'm a bit late posting this but my review of Saw V can be found here.

Like this? Share it using the links below!