Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2000's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th October 2008, 12:40 AM
Cultist

Default Rogue (2007)

Are there any differences between the Region 1 and Region 4 versions of the Austrailian crocodile horror Rogue? The extras look the same but the Region 1 DVD has the "Unrated" label on the DVD's front cover.
Old 26th October 2008, 11:35 PM
Cult Rookie

I have the Region 1 but not the Aussie edition, sorry I can't help!

But what I can say is that the cover from Dimension Extreme (along with the 'unrated' tag) is so misleading it is untrue...I seriously doubt there is anymore gore in it as it is quite low on this front (15 at most on UK DVD) but I really rate this flick; very 'Jaws' like, tense, great creauture and superbly shot.

Shame there is not more love for it as the negative reviews for it have mostly (and depressingly) revolved around people moaning that there wasn't enough gore or a high enough body count.
Old 27th October 2008, 09:28 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I'm looking forward to this one too.I bought Primeval Kill (Primeval in the states) and this killer croc movie was also far better than I'd been led to believe & I would recommend it.It's vastly superior to Tobe Hooper's lousy Crocodile & it's very gory too.There's more depth to the film as well as it highlights another example of genocide in africa which the west tends to turn a blind eye too.
Old 27th October 2008, 10:35 AM
Cult Rookie

No differences, no. Its the same film in every way on both regions.

I didnt think too much of Rogue, to be honest. It wasnt bad, as such, but its not one I'd go back to again. My lasting memory of this one are end scenes in the crocodile lair, which looks more like a obvious movie set than any movie set I've ever seen before.

Anyone looking for a crocodile fix should take a look at Black Water, another Australian film, which is much better than Rogue.
Old 27th October 2008, 11:01 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Is the australian release r2/r4 encoded does anybody know ?.It's not likely to be out here anytime soon.I'm multi-region anyway so it makes little difference.I've heard Black Water is pretty good.

Like this? Share it using the links below!