Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2000's

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th November 2008, 04:16 PM
Ex-member

its sort of the same mad prof in loft, tape recoreder,a few paper clippings but nothing about demonic possession,its more of mad prof in a doomsday cult trying to to end world with super rabies
Old 15th November 2008, 06:11 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

****in' hell that's awful, can't the Americans leave anything alone? Mad professor in the loft who tried to achieve armageddon, on behalf of a cult, by means of super rabies? Get to ****. That excuse for an ending/plot is atrocious. I'm going to have to get a shot of this Quarantine now. I'm sure aesthetically it's pretty much a shot for shot remake, but to change the underlying story (to something as simple-minded as "mad cult takes over world") is frankly absurd.
Old 17th November 2008, 03:44 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quarantine is out this friday,the 21st. I'll probably have a butchers at it,although i aint expecting much.Watching rec for the first time a few weeks back was a great experience,right setting,right mood,but knowing the premise of the remake,i doubt very much if it will affect me the way rec did.
Old 20th November 2008, 10:16 PM
Cult Rookie

Send a message via MSN to TheSpirit Send a message via Skype™ to TheSpirit

Well, this film was great. It was so great they even had a american re-telling of it. Thoughme and many others prefer this one. Maybe because Manuela Velasco is less unbearable than Jennifer Carpenter.
Old 21st November 2008, 07:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Manuela Velasco is incredibly beautiful. I have nothing else to say.
Old 21st November 2008, 09:48 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

This better than Cloverfield then?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 21st November 2008, 10:05 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Yeah Reaps, it's a ****in' blinder. Banish any thoughts of Cloverfield/Zombie Diaries/Diary of the Dead from your mind because they may as well not exist. That said, I didn't mind The Zombie Diaries, Cloverfield I enjoyed second time round (when I showed it to the missus) and Diary of the Dead is utter crap though I need to give it a second look. I can't help but think of Romero watching Rec and thinking, "Why the **** didn't I make that?", and then weeping uncontrollably over a bonfire consisting of every copy of Diary of the Dead.

It's not to be missed.
Old 21st November 2008, 10:08 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Cheers me good man....I'll pick it up....There's gonna be a lot of visual catching up these Christmas hols....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 21st November 2008, 10:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

As good as REC is no way do I think it even comes close to Cloverfield. The stick Cloverfield has taken since it hit DVD has been astonishing. In my mind it's one of the best mainstream films to be made in ages. I guess it's one that works in the cinema but fails on DVD...

I'm waiting for the 2 discer's price to drop to £6 or under and I'll snap it up.
Old 21st November 2008, 10:15 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Hmmm that don't fill me with confidence....what do you say Trench?
Cloudy and I have to agree to disagree over Cloverfield....

Like this? Share it using the links below!