Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2000's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st November 2008, 09:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I thought Cloverfield was a good take on the monster movie, but a lot of it I found boring. I won't argue that the scenes when it's all going tits up and they're hiding in the shops and people are shitting themselves aren't fantastic though. Very tense and very reminiscent of 9/11, I've no doubt that's the vibe they were going for. But overall I found the film a bit dull.

Rec had me hooked from the off, when it gets going it's filled with some nice shocks and a tense, claustrophobic atmosphere. Sure the premise of the film isn't anything new or even particularly special, but it's just so bloody well executed. A very exhilarating film, I thought.
Old 23rd November 2008, 12:54 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I'm off to see 'Quarantine' some time this week (not sure what day it'll be yet), I'm not getting my hopes up that's for sure but I'll be interested to see how it fares. Although POV/ handicam films aern't anything new I thought [REC] was a very original film made to near perfection, I just can't see a remake cutting it. I guess I'll find out soon enough.
Old 6th June 2016, 04:26 PM
Cultist

I've been sick and tired of zombies for a while now -- and will avoid any book or movie that has anything to do with them 99.999% of the time -- but I really dug this one. It's rare to find a movie that's genuinely scary these days, but [REC] got under my skin.

Man, that thing stumbling around in the dark on the top floor was one of the creepiest things I have ever seen in a movie. Horrifying.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 3rd May 2017, 03:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

REC has to be one of the best found footage films made since Cannibal Holocaust. The sequels got better and better there was no disappointment with them.

Like this? Share it using the links below!