Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   So What Remake is Next? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/10749-so-what-remake-next.html)

digitopolis 17th January 2014 02:16 AM

Are there any updates on the Martyrs remake? Last I heard back in 2010, there was a director attached.

Susan Foreman 17th January 2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitopolis (Post 387728)
Are there any updates on the Martyrs remake? Last I heard back in 2010, there was a director attached.

From wikipedia:

Laugier has confirmed in an interview that he is currently in the middle of negotiating the rights for Martyrs to be remade in America. It will be directed by Daniel Stamm, director of The Last Exorcism, and written by Mark L. Smith, writer of Vacancy. The film comes from the producers of Twilight. The producer of the film has said he would like Twilight actress Kristen Stewart for the film, though her presence in the film was later denied by Stamm

Stamm has said "[The original film] is very nihilistic. The American approach [that I'm looking at] would go through all that darkness but then give a glimmer of hope. You don't have to shoot yourself when it's over."

trebor8273 17th January 2014 06:02 PM

Anyone else heard rumours of gremlins, rumours I have heard are either a sequel or a remake.

Susan Foreman 18th January 2014 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 387875)
Anyone else heard rumours of gremlins, rumours I have heard are either a sequel or a remake.

Gremlins remake 'moving ahead', with Seth Grahame-Smith attached to produce | Metro News

Susan Foreman 5th March 2014 11:22 PM

Dear Goddess, no!!!!!

Spielberg to remake West Side Story? | News | Film @ The Digital Fix

Vampix 6th March 2014 01:56 PM

I'm surprised there's been no talk of a Re-Animator remake, unless I just haven't heard about it.

Rik 6th March 2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 395371)
I'm surprised there's been no talk of a Re-Animator remake, unless I just haven't heard about it.

Shhhh, don't give them any ideas! :eek:

gag 6th March 2014 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 395371)

Let's face it with the amount of films that have been remade over the years I honestly don't think any films safe anymore ..

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th March 2014 04:10 PM

Due to the fact i loved the remakes of 3:10 To Yuma and True Grit i would like a few more westerns to get a makeover.

Not classics such as The Wild Bunch, The Searchers or Eastwood's films but the lesser known ones.

Susan Foreman 2nd April 2014 10:13 AM

'Dr Phibes'...

...In 3D...

...With Willem Dafoe as the title character!

“Dr. Phibes” Optioned for Reboot | FANGORIA®