Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

Like Tree761Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd June 2015, 06:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
If it makes people aware of John Carpenter's film who were previously unaware of its existence, that might be a positive.
Very true,or they could just wait for Mr Carpenter to pass away then they could piss all over his grave in style.

Old 2nd June 2015, 07:12 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Very true,or they could just wait for Mr Carpenter to pass away then they could piss all over his grave in style.
Very true, but John Carpenter has never been someone to shy away from a remake himself!
Old 2nd June 2015, 07:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Very true, but John Carpenter has never been someone to shy away from a remake himself!

very true,but im in my mid 40s and have nothing left but cynicism and a hatred of anything new........

Old 3rd June 2015, 07:34 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
very true,but im in my mid 40s and have nothing left but cynicism and a hatred of anything new........
Welcome to my world!
keirarts likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 1st July 2015, 06:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Is 2016 Going to Be the Official Comeback of Slasher Movies? | moviepilot.com
keirarts likes this.
Old 4th July 2015, 03:03 PM
Cultist in Training

I sometimes wonder why no one's ever remade the Blind Dead films from Spain. Not that I think they'd improve on them or anything (I love them as they are), just think it's a bit odd it hasn't happened yet with today's technology.
Old 4th July 2015, 03:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Im exactly same years ago tonnes of films interested you. Or you missed out on loads of good films. Now around 3/4 films a year grab my interest. Rest i watch either by word of mouth on forums. Or just for sake of it.
Imo they dont make good horrors anymore to me its all about controversy pushing boundries. Outdoing each other, as much as films like grotesque. Slaughter vomit dolls, new guinea pig and old one, AU trilogy are just a few, Are raved about with horror fans, not everyone is into these i dont mind violence gore etc but finding more and more films are getting like the mentioned above. What happened to good old fashioned horror. That you didnt have to really relie on gore violence etc etc., twisted nerve, omen, halloween, tcm peeping tom are just a few. Again also there was horrors that were in them days gory but in comparison now tame. Fri 13th, burning, exorcist, basket case, etc etc. Also imo there isnt many horror masters around anymore that dont do normal horror without trying the extreme value, like carpenter, romero, Hitchcock, cronenberg, Argento are just a few to name. We need more like them now and go back to the good old fashioned way of horror. Atmosphere, suspense, gore without going ott or being more or less on every scene. I could go on, not saying im right or wrong just my opinion. Or now they just trying to cash in on constant sequels and shite remakes. My mum was watching Hitcher remake problem i find with michael bay films is he thinks as long as their loads of crash bang wallop action then the film a hit and ok. Well its NOT how about putting some thought into the actual film itself. Not just horrors any film really i watched vanishing point, thats how a film should be made that doesnt have much in it its plain simple and basic and is made and directed well.

Last edited by gag; 4th July 2015 at 05:51 PM.
Old 29th August 2015, 04:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

‘Pete’s Dragon’ Remake Begins Filming in New Zealand; Character Details Revealed
Old 29th August 2015, 09:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Im exactly same years ago tonnes of films interested you. Or you missed out on loads of good films. Now around 3/4 films a year grab my interest. Rest i watch either by word of mouth on forums. Or just for sake of it.
Imo they dont make good horrors anymore to me its all about controversy pushing boundries. Outdoing each other, as much as films like grotesque. Slaughter vomit dolls, new guinea pig and old one, AU trilogy are just a few, Are raved about with horror fans, not everyone is into these i dont mind violence gore etc but finding more and more films are getting like the mentioned above. What happened to good old fashioned horror. That you didnt have to really relie on gore violence etc etc., twisted nerve, omen, halloween, tcm peeping tom are just a few. Again also there was horrors that were in them days gory but in comparison now tame. Fri 13th, burning, exorcist, basket case, etc etc. Also imo there isnt many horror masters around anymore that dont do normal horror without trying the extreme value, like carpenter, romero, Hitchcock, cronenberg, Argento are just a few to name. We need more like them now and go back to the good old fashioned way of horror. Atmosphere, suspense, gore without going ott or being more or less on every scene. I could go on, not saying im right or wrong just my opinion. Or now they just trying to cash in on constant sequels and shite remakes. My mum was watching Hitcher remake problem i find with michael bay films is he thinks as long as their loads of crash bang wallop action then the film a hit and ok. Well its NOT how about putting some thought into the actual film itself. Not just horrors any film really i watched vanishing point, thats how a film should be made that doesnt have much in it its plain simple and basic and is made and directed well.
I think there's about three films this year I had enough fun with to want on Blu - Kingsman, the new Terminator, and the new Mission Impossible. That's about it, basically...
Old 29th August 2015, 10:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
I think there's about three films this year I had enough fun with to want on Blu - Kingsman, the new Terminator, and the new Mission Impossible. That's about it, basically...
now none of them would interest me, I like terminator but lost interest now and didn't watch terminator 4 if that's what you want to call it .
Mission impossible films have no interest to me tried watching one I just couldn't , and something about tom cruise I just cant get into like Nicolas cage.
last film I went to watch at cinema was Raid 2 next will be new Start wars .
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!