Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 2010's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   So What Remake is Next? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/2010s/10749-so-what-remake-next.html)

Prince_Vajda 29th November 2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zann (Post 380744)
The remake of LHOTL is great.....what's not great is going to watch a matinee on your own while the missus is shopping, having the cinema completely to yourself (bonus!) only to come out and have one the cinema's employees ask with a mix of incredulity and disgust "did you enjoy that....?" :pound:

I am not kidding this happened.

A similar thing happened to me when I watched Planet Terror. Apart from me, there were only about ten people in the whole cinema.

During every naughty or disgusting scene (e.g. "Looks like we've got a no-brainer." or "Now THAT'S a rump roast."), I roared with laughter, whilst the rest of the audience was dead quiet.

I still don't know if they just misread the signs on the door, but I'm quite sure they originally wanted to watch Epic Movie.

trebor8273 29th November 2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 380755)
A similar thing happened to me when I watched Planet Terror. Apart from me, there were only about ten people in the whole cinema.

During every naughty or disgusting scene (e.g. "Looks like we've got a no-brainer." or "Now THAT'S a rump roast."), I roared with laughter, whilst the rest of the audience was dead quiet.

I still don't know if they just misread the signs on the door, but I'm quite sure they originally wanted to watch Epic Movie.

I had the same sort of thing happen when I went to see the manic remake looks of disgust and horror on people's faces, some walked out mumbling how sick and disgusting the film was, I felt like telling them it's not the :censored: lord or the rings , go and see some shit like twilight which would be more to there liking

gag 30th November 2013 06:54 AM

It's like a girl a work loves Twishite and I always chuckle :lol: when she says to someone I like my horrors, but if I was to mention a good horror she reply all you're films are shit b/w or Japanese subtitled films. Bless her as they say ignorance is bliss .

Robbmeister X 2nd December 2013 10:53 AM

I watched the Carrie remake yesterday, and I'm not kidding, it turns into a superhero movie. I don't want to spoil it, because you'll be amused at how ridiculous it gets, but watch it if you have a monthly cinema pass like I do. You'll have a laugh.

SilverGunnar Hansen 2nd December 2013 12:05 PM

Pretty much agree, some of it borders on Nic Cage Wicker Man naffness hilarity. Still worth a watch - just - for the few things it does differently, but overall pretty underwhelming.

Carrie (2013) Movie Review from Eye for Film

Demoncrat 2nd December 2013 02:45 PM

Having finally seen the trailer for this Carrie, I will PASS. Would rather watch this Oldboy mess.

Cough kidding haha.

Still no sign of Micheal Barf's Zombie Lake I see :laugh:

Robbmeister X 2nd December 2013 06:57 PM

I bet that no-one realised before that Carrie was essentially Supergirl. She can rip up roads and fly and everything. I bet Brian de Palma is kicking himself he never went down this road himself. Plus the new one has a bad-ass look in her eye and still looks pretty covered in blood. :lol:

Susan Foreman 3rd January 2014 11:09 AM

Latest Celebrity Photos | Pictures | Galleries - Starship Troopers!

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd January 2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 385463)

:doh:

PaulD 3rd January 2014 12:15 PM

Between this, Robocop and Total Recall they're really kicking the shit out of Verhoeven's filmography aren't they?