Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

Like Tree761Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th January 2015, 08:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I forgot to mention Sandra Bullock, who is really good in comedic roles (Miss Congeniality, for example). As for Melissa McCarthy, give me Rebel Wilson, who was brilliant in Pitch Perfect – Anna Kendrick also has great comedic timing.
Well, Kristen Wiig is also very good so we have that at least. She was great in MacGruber and Extract.
Old 30th January 2015, 08:47 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
Well, Kristen Wiig is also very good so we have that at least. She was great in MacGruber and Extract.
True. She was also great in Paul, brilliantly riffing with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. Unfortunately, she won't have that luxury in Ghostbusters.
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 30th January 2015, 11:26 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:

But, to be honest, Feig's "let's make them all female" does sound gimmicky. I find him to be a rather bland filmmaker that covers his deficiencies by employing female comedians as "look, I'm progressive!"
This is what I can't get past. It just feels like a cynical move for attention when they know they can't beat the original on its own merits.

"Progressive" is too dignified a word here, it's them just saying "Here's a popular film, but we swapped the genders! OMG!! ARENT WE CRAY-CRAY!? IN CINEMAS 2016!!!"
Old 31st January 2015, 06:05 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Ghostbusters is my seven year old daughter's favourite film. She's watched it 100 times, that's no exaggeration, nearly every weekend when I get up she's watching it, all her friends sing that Frozen song at school, she runs around the playground singing the Ghostbusters theme.

There is no way on Earth I'm going to be able to avoid this new film.
MacBlayne and shel like this.
Old 31st January 2015, 02:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenhooker View Post
Ghostbusters is my seven year old daughter's favourite film. She's watched it 100 times, that's no exaggeration, nearly every weekend when I get up she's watching it, all her friends sing that Frozen song at school, she runs around the playground singing the Ghostbusters theme.

There is no way on Earth I'm going to be able to avoid this new film.
If your daughter's favourite film is Ghostbusters then you are definitely a good parent.
Old 1st February 2015, 11:53 AM
Cultist in Training

Stephen King's IT has already got the green light for a remake

Apparently they are going to start shooting sometime this year for a 2016? release
Old 5th February 2015, 06:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Shame on me, but this actually looks pretty good!

antmumford and keirarts like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 5th February 2015, 08:41 PM
Cult Addict

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post

I didn't even know this was on the cards...cynical attempt the cash in on the glut of films filling supermarket shelves presently that owe so much to the original or loving remake...
Rik likes this.
Old 5th February 2015, 10:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post

It's directed by Gil Kenan, who made the wonderful Monster House and the ambitious City of Ember. So at least there is a talented person behind the camera and not some hack Michael Bay dug up.
Old 5th February 2015, 10:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
It's directed by Gil Kenan, who made the wonderful Monster House and the ambitious City of Ember. So at least there is a talented person behind the camera and not some hack Michael Bay dug up.
Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert are producing too
MacBlayne and keirarts like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!