Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

Like Tree761Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th May 2016, 09:52 PM
Seasoned Cultist

He's fantastic in 'Bug'.
Old 18th May 2016, 09:56 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Nicolas Cage is The Witchfinder General.

First promo still.

Old 18th May 2016, 10:00 PM
Cult Addict

That's from Season of the Witch. Excellent film, in which Cage does happen to find a witch.
keirarts likes this.
Old 18th May 2016, 10:07 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
That's from Season of the Witch. Excellent film, in which Cage does happen to find a witch.
Ha'ha...rumbled!

I'd cast either Tim Roth or Gabriel Byrne as Hopkins with Ray Stevenson as John Stearne, and because he's big news and a damn fine actor, Tom of Hiddleston in Ogilvy's role of Richard the hero. Oh and Gemma Arterton as Sara.

There you go. Sorted!
keirarts likes this.
Old 18th May 2016, 10:08 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Ha'ha...rumbled!

I'd cast either Tim Roth or Gabriel Byrne as Hopkins with Ray Stevenson as John Stearne, and because he's big news and a damn fine actor, Tom of Hiddleston in Ogilvy's role of Richard the hero. Oh and Gemma Arterton as Sara.

There you go. Sorted!
I was actually considering Roth based on his turn in The Hateful Eight.
And I'm glad i was right on SotW, for a second i was thinking your screencap might have been from Outcast. Another medieval swashbuckler he done recently.
Old 19th May 2016, 07:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Second trailer for ghostbusters, Jesus I thought it coudnt get any worse after the last one, it's like Sony have set out to make the worst movie they can

keirarts likes this.
Old 19th May 2016, 07:22 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Second trailer for ghostbusters, Jesus I thought it coudnt get any worse after the last one, it's like Sony have set out to make the worst movie they can

I thought this trailer was slightly better than the first, but still looks awful will not be wasting money on this
Old 19th May 2016, 07:26 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by anythinggoes78 View Post
I thought this trailer was slightly better than the first, but still looks awful will not be wasting money on this
Part of me is intrigued to see it, just to see if it can be as bad as it looks! But I do think that even Sony must know how hated this movie is and that it's going to be flop
keirarts likes this.
Old 19th May 2016, 07:55 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenhooker View Post
He's fantastic in 'Bug'.
The entire cast is fantastic in Bug, which is a brilliant film.
Old 19th May 2016, 07:57 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Part of me is intrigued to see it, just to see if it can be as bad as it looks! But I do think that even Sony must know how hated this movie is and that it's going to be flop
Itl be a flop but not as big as a flop as some people think, chances are itl make enough money to possible warrant another, im curious but i wont go cinema or be in a rush to see it, like stated before in original it was like the jokes where effortless and come natural, in this its like their trying to be funny and thats part of why its failing, most people just dont like the fact its a female cast, ok it would have worked better if it was at least half female and half original or they slowly introduced them then made a female cast in another film. Thats the problem with hollywood they dont toy with a new idea they just completely go the full hog and reinvent something new and different to extent they break and damage it, and everybody hates it before it even goes on release and thats bad extremely bad,
If someone invented something and it was a disaster they would learn by their mistakes, listen to the criticism and start again and try fix where they went wrong but in hollywood they dont they just think if it made eg double its money back they think its a hit and just go straight back out and make the same **** up all over again. When will they ever learn.

Like this? Share it using the links below!