Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree761Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th May 2016, 08:10 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Itl be a flop but not as big as a flop as some people think, chances are itl make enough money to possible warrant another, im curious but i wont go cinema or be in a rush to see it, like stated before in original it was like the jokes where effortless and come natural, in this its like their trying to be funny and thats part of why its failing, most people just dont like the fact its a female cast, ok it would have worked better if it was at least half female and half original or they slowly introduced them then made a female cast in another film. Thats the problem with hollywood they dont toy with a new idea they just completely go the full hog and reinvent something new and different to extent they break and damage it, and everybody hates it before it even goes on release and thats bad extremely bad,
If someone invented something and it was a disaster they would learn by their mistakes, listen to the criticism and start again and try fix where they went wrong but in hollywood they dont they just think if it made eg double its money back they think its a hit and just go straight back out and make the same **** up all over again. When will they ever learn.
exactly it all seems to forced, while as you said the originals it all just flowed naturally and the cast had chemistry something that seems to be lacking here, me personally i have no problem with an all female cast, it really should of been a passing of the torch and a different director should of been found he is wrong for this type of film
Old 19th May 2016, 12:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just seen tim Burton trailer for Alice in wonderland sorry dont fancy it
Films like these the same constant actors and the characters are ott characters (yes the characters are different and wacky but done in the wrong perspective and to bright and colourfull and silly ott at times a kinda ott not in the same sense but like when jim carey goes overboard and it ends up ruining the characters. If that makes sense.

Tim burton good but his remakes etc are god damn awful and terrible
Planet of the apes
Charlie and the chocolate factory
Alice in wonderland
All awful imo keep away from remakes and stick to what he knows best

Q? Without cheating why there never been a sequel to charlie and the chocolate factory?
keirarts likes this.

Last edited by gag; 19th May 2016 at 12:53 PM.
Old 19th May 2016, 01:04 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Planet of the apes
Alice in wonderland

I enjoyed all three, thank you very much.
keirarts and J Harker like this.
Old 19th May 2016, 01:14 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I enjoyed all three, thank you very much.
Me too. I'm looking forward to Through the Looking Glass myself.
Old 19th May 2016, 01:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I must be the exception thought all 3 where terrible
Oh well I'll shut up and go away then before you decide i need a thrashing
Old 19th May 2016, 02:50 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Just seen tim Burton trailer for Alice in wonderland sorry dont fancy it
Films like these the same constant actors and the characters are ott characters (yes the characters are different and wacky but done in the wrong perspective and to bright and colourfull and silly ott at times a kinda ott not in the same sense but like when jim carey goes overboard and it ends up ruining the characters. If that makes sense.

Planet of the apes
Alice in wonderland

Q? Without cheating why there never been a sequel to charlie and the chocolate factory?
I think you mean Alice Through the Looking Glass, which I think it's quite good though I'll hold judgement until I see it myself. I wasn't overly enamoured with Alice in Wonderland, but it's a really well-designed film with some great performances.

I've yet to see the Planet of the Apes remake, but also liked Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (a film which is faithful to the source material). As far as I know, there isn't a sequel, but would be interested to see him do Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator with the same cast (due to Christopher Lee's person, there would obviously be no flashbacks to Willy Wonka's childhood).
keirarts likes this.
Old 19th May 2016, 03:09 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
I must be the exception thought all 3 where terrible
Oh well I'll shut up and go away then before you decide i need a thrashing
I don't know if you're the exception gag, while i like it, Planet of the Apes isn't generally well regarded.

Last edited by J Harker; 19th May 2016 at 06:55 PM.
Old 19th May 2016, 06:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I think you mean Alice Through the Looking Glass, which I think it's quite good though I'll hold judgement until I see it myself. I wasn't overly enamoured with Alice in Wonderland, but it's a really well-designed film with some great performances.

I've yet to see the Planet of the Apes remake, but also liked Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (a film which is faithful to the source material). As far as I know, there isn't a sequel, but would be interested to see him do Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator with the same cast (due to Christopher Lee's person, there would obviously be no flashbacks to Willy Wonka's childhood).
Lol yes sorry my mistake.
Reason being why there isnt a sequel to willy wonka is because roald dahl detested the original willy wonka and refused to allow the sequel to be made and as far as im aware his daughter kept his wishes and i might be wrong but im pretty sure he wouldnt allow anymore of his books to turned into films while he was alive.
keirarts likes this.
Old 19th May 2016, 06:25 PM
Cult Addict

in regards to Tim Burton Remakes, I actually quite enjoyed Alice.
Charlie was ok, but being brought up with the original version i much prefer that, prefer Gene Wilder over Michael jackson.
Planet had good make up and was interesting but i thought the main humans let it down, just bland.
So not the worst remakes, but generally his more personal films are much better.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 19th May 2016, 07:47 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Lol yes sorry my mistake.
Reason being why there isnt a sequel to willy wonka is because roald dahl detested the original willy wonka and refused to allow the sequel to be made and as far as im aware his daughter kept his wishes and i might be wrong but im pretty sure he wouldnt allow anymore of his books to turned into films while he was alive.
Things must have changed in order for the BFG to be made and released this summer.

Like this? Share it using the links below!