Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree761Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th July 2018, 11:33 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Sounds exciting!

Hopefully it would feature some sort of Angel of Death who would Reign in Blood as Hell Awaits before being Reborn on the Altar of Sacrifice. The new Slayer would Cleanse the Soul of the Live Undead as she is an Expendable Youth, Born of Fire and would Show No Mercy.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 26th July 2018, 12:00 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Sounds exciting!

Hopefully it would feature some sort of Angel of Death who would Reign in Blood as Hell Awaits before being Reborn on the Altar of Sacrifice. The new Slayer would Cleanse the Soul of the Live Undead as she is an Expendable Youth, Born of Fire and would Show No Mercy.
I was going to make a seasons in the abyss joke, but it was just awful

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 26th August 2018, 02:38 AM
Cult Addict

New longer trailer for Suspiria.

I quite like the look of this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 26th August 2018, 10:00 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

In terms of the colour palette, it could hardly be more different from Argento's film, so it looks like something much darker (literally and figuratively) and with a couple of lines that seemed to evoke the personality confusion of Aronofsky's Black Swan, something which I think would make it even more interesting and involving.
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 27th August 2018, 04:22 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

‘Jacob’s Ladder’ Remake Coming to Theaters in 2019
By Michael Carpenter - August 26, 2018

At this point, nearly every classic horror film has been remade, with more coming soon, whether fans want them or not. Yet another terrific movie to get the remake treatment is 1990 mind-bender Jacob’s Ladder, directed by Adrian Lyne and starring Tim Robbins.

The titular character is a Vietnam vet haunted by his experiences during the war, resulting in a series of bizarre and terrifying hallucinations that seem to become more and more real to his disturbed mind. Its big twist is pretty famous, but I’ll refrain from spoiling it here.

Anyway, Bloody Disgusting recently confirmed that not only is a Jacob’s Ladder remake on the way, it already has a release date penciled in. Indie studio LD Entertainment (The Collection) is set to release the remake in theaters on February 1st, 2019.

Unfortunately, those – like me – who loved the original film are sure to be given pause by the reported plan to turn the remake into a “modern day paranoid action thriller about two brothers.” At that rate, why not just call it something else, am I right? Sigh.

Michael Ealy (The Following), Guy Burnet (Hand of God), Karla Souza (How to Get Away with Murder), and Nicole Beharie (Sleepy Hollow) star. No word yet on who plays the remake’s equivalent of Jacob, or if the character will even be called that, although one assumes he will.

https://www.ihorror.com/jacobs-ladde...aters-in-2019/
keirarts likes this.
Old 4th September 2018, 09:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rabid remake

Rabid: first look at remake film | Den of Geek

Rabid: first look at remake film
The ladies behind American Mary have turned their attention to David Cronenberg's Rabid. Here are some first look pics
Old 10th September 2018, 05:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Anyone idea what happening with American werewolf remake, a friend keeps asking me .

Cheers
Old 10th September 2018, 06:05 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Anyone idea what happening with American werewolf remake, a friend keeps asking me .

Cheers
Yeah! They set it in Paris and it sucked.

On a serious note, i didn't know a remake was mooted.

Seeing as you are the goto guy for remakes posts, gag, if you don't know we don't know.
Rik likes this.
Old 10th September 2018, 07:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Yeah! They set it in Paris and it sucked.

On a serious note, i didn't know a remake was mooted.

Seeing as you are the goto guy for remakes posts, gag, if you don't know we don't know.
Been in limbo for years , but now going ahead here one link (dated last year ) but you can google it if you want somewhere else https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/max-la...-london-remake
Its his son that's doing the remake just haven't heard anything on it for a while
Old 19th September 2018, 05:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Jordan Peele In Talks to Produce Clive Barker's Candyman Remake

Jordan Peele In Talks to Produce Candyman Remake

image: http://cdn1-www.comingsoon.net/asset.../candyman1.jpg

Jordan Peele In Talks to Produce Candyman Remake

According to Bloody Disgusting, Academy Award winner Jordan Peele (Get Out) is currently in talks to produce a remake of director Bernard Rose’s 1992 horror film adaptation, Candyman. Peele would be producing the film through his Monkeypaw Productions and it is still unclear if he will also direct the remake.

Candyman was based on author Cliver Barker’s short story The Forbidden which is one of the stories from his Books of Blood short story collections. The original film follows the story of a graduate student Helen Lyle who is writing a research about local legends and myths in Chicago. While researching about the project, she meets Anne-Marie McCoy who tells her about the urban legend The Candyman, an artist and a son of a slave who had his hand severed and was then murdered by his lover’s father. Legend says that he will appear if you say his name five times in front a mirror.

The slasher film starred Tony Todd (Final Destination, Hell Fest) as the titular villain, Virginia Madsen (Dune, Sideways) as Helen and Vanessa Williams (The Flash) as Anne-Marie McCoy. It was followed by two sequels: Farewell to the Flesh and Day of the Dead.

Peele is currently busy working on a number of projects though including Universal Pictures’ social thriller film Us which will star Black Panther co-stars Lupita Nyong-o and Winston Duke along with The Handmaid’s Tale actress Elisabeth Moss; and the series remake of The Twilight Zone.

Read more at Jordan Peele In Talks to Produce Clive Barker's Candyman Remake

Like this? Share it using the links below!