Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's

Like Tree761Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th November 2018, 07:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://screenanarchy.com/2018/11/te...l-shocker.html

Guillermo del Toro to Produce Argentine Remake of Paranormal Shocker?
Old 26th November 2018, 08:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis View Post
HI GUYS, apparently "BACK TO THE FUTURE" has come tops in some sort of poll for the most wanted remake.
any ideas/thoughts?

p.s all 3 apparently

thanks
Not enough no's in the world for how I feel about this
Old 26th November 2018, 08:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Not enough no's in the world for how I feel about this
Its not remake they want its a back to future 4 I've posted a link if go back to other page .

But here the link

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...loyd-Doc-Brown
Old 26th November 2018, 08:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Its not remake they want its a back to future 4 I've posted a link if go back to other page .

But here the link

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...loyd-Doc-Brown
Still a no, it's like people wanting a third Ghostbusters, it's been so long it would just be sad. 10 years ago maybe.
Old 12th January 2019, 10:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Not exactly a remake, but rebooting final destination film .

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/246...tting-a-reboot

The horror genre is on a roll right now and seemingly everyone is attempting to capitalize by rebooting long-dormant properties for another go around. While plenty of horror icons created decades ago are returning to the big screen in the near future, another series that began at the turn of the millennium is also getting a reboot. Final Destination is coming back to prove that clever and gory deaths never go out of style.

New Line Cinema has tapped two veterans of the Saw franchise to bring back its Final Destination franchise. Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan, who previously scripted four Saw films together, have been brought aboard to write the screenplay for the Final Destination reboot, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The reboot is being described as a re-imagining of the franchise, but no specific plot details or a target release date have been revealed as of yet.

The Final Destination franchise was good to New Line, with five films from the first in 2000 to the last, Final Destination 5, in 2011, grossing almost $700 million worldwide on small budgets. That low budget model is the bread and butter of the horror genre, and New Line has found recent success with it via its highly lucrative Conjuring Universe. So New Line knows how to make horror work and is looking to bring in more of that money with a reboot of Final Destination.

The Final Destination films also had a very simple and easily replicable premise wherein a character would have a premonition of a death via some sort of calamity. The character would then attempt to avert the disaster and save their own and other people's lives, thus cheating death. But when you say 'not today' to the god of death, he doesn't take too kindly to it.

So Death would then look to take what he is owed, coming after the survivors and claiming their lives through increasingly elaborate and clever means. The Final Destination franchise always had a tongue in cheek quality to it, especially as the franchise went on, becoming more ridiculous with the gore and the hilarious absurdity coming in equal measure.

Seeing a Final Destination movie was very much about seeing what clever ways each successive film found to kill people, and with the writers of four Saw films on board for the reboot, I expect there will be more of that to look forward to with this reboot. Although I'm not sure exactly what the 're-imagining' will be, so hopefully whatever it is makes this reboot feel fresh and not just like Final Destination
Old 12th January 2019, 10:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

What we do in the shadows TV series

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/what...tv-series-news
Old 26th February 2019, 08:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Masters Of The Universe remake

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/...irmed-for-2019
Old 26th February 2019, 08:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post

That article is 2 years old, pretty sure that project is just as dead as Skeletor

McG is rumoured to be working on a Monster Squad remake though, can’t remember where I read that but I’m sure it’s in development at the moment
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 26th February 2019, 09:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
That article is 2 years old, pretty sure that project is just as dead as Skeletor

McG is rumoured to be working on a Monster Squad remake though, can’t remember where I read that but I’m sure it’s in development at the moment
I honestly thought it was a joke, did read something about Monster squad remake but nothing been said any further about it.
Old 20th March 2019, 03:12 PM
Cult Master

You knew it was going to happen!

Japanese Sleeper Hit ‘One Cut of the Dead’ Heads for English Remake | Variety

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!